New T3 'Valiant' token + Token Combiner

Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
I have a twofold suggestion designed to help both players AND the devs at the same time.

1. Valiant tokens
- T3 token between the levels of Heroic and Legendary token
- would award 3* and 4* only with odds at devs' discretion
- designed to provide a mid level progression for 3* and beyond as well as provide startup covers for DDQ Dat Required Character

2. Token combiner
- This feature allows you to combine tokens into 1 of the next higher tier
- Conversion one-way from Standard>Heroic/Event>Valiant>Legendary
- Number required at discretion of devs, with 10 of each being an example 10>10>10>1

FOR THE DEVS
The token combiner is MUTUALLY beneficial for players and devs. Some reasons below:
- ISO taxation/removal: Using my example of a 10 token conversion, 10 Standard tokens would create 1 Heroic, 10 Heroics into 1 Valiant, 10 Valiant into 1 Legendary. This means every use of the combiner would result in a net loss of potential ISO to the player. This is the tradeoff the player faces for the chance to roll on a higher tier cover. Less ISO floating around would create more demand from ISO from other sources.

- Progression speed concerns: The combiner SLOWS down average progression. Consider the current gold pull rate from Heroic tokens, 4* 20*0.2=4%, 3* 40*0.6=24%, total approximately 28%. On average, you would get roughly 3 golds for every 10 Heroic tokens you opened. The tradeoff for the player here is a guaranteed chance for 1 gold vs. 3 unguaranteed golds+spare ISO.

- Stockpiled tokens: Consider the case of a token stockpiler with a 10 token conversion rate. You would need 10*10*10=1000 standard tokens to convert into a SINGLE legendary token. This is by no means an efficiently abused means of progression.

- Player Frustration: Let me emphasize that this is an OPTION for players. Having a different avenue to use your tokens provides meaningful choice and decision making. At the same time, the Token Combiner takes away the continuous FRUSTRATION players face when opening a token only to find an ISO packet in its place.

Conclusion:
I believe that an implementation of a T3 Valiant Token along with a Token Combiner would help to both increase customer satisfaction with the game while also helping devs manage ISO economy and progression speed. Constructive suggestions/modifications/feedback are welcome.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Upvote this people, it's a good system
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    This is a very good idea. I've been thinking the same sort of thing and this is very articulate, well thought out, and not just "Give me everything I want!" This also will not deter people from spending money on the game, which is obviously very important to the devs, and would increase the enjoyment of the game. Please do this, devs. Thanks! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    yes please give vets a reason to use standard tokens right now they are just wasted time in order to get iso8.png as all my 3* are properly covered and they removed 4* from them
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    yes please give vets a reason to use standard tokens right now they are just wasted time in order to get iso8.png as all my 3* are properly covered and they removed 4* from them
    4*s are still in there at the same miniscule pull rate. the pull rate is so low that they thought it was best to remove the label to temper expectations. people still pull 4*s at the same ultra-rare rate.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you all for the positive feedback so far. I really wanted to make sure that the idea wasn't one-sided in favor of players only.

I firmly believe the best ideas and solutions to problems can benefit all parties.
  • Pmball
    Pmball Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Tryke wrote:
    I have a twofold suggestion designed to help both players AND the devs at the same time.

1. Valiant tokens
    - T3 token between the levels of Heroic and Legendary token
    - would award 3* and 4* only with odds at devs' discretion
    - designed to provide a mid level progression for 3* and beyond as well as provide startup covers for DDQ Dat Required Character

2. Token combiner
    - This feature allows you to combine tokens into 1 of the next higher tier
    - Conversion one-way from Standard>Heroic/Event>Valiant>Legendary
    - Number required at discretion of devs, with 10 of each being an example 10>10>10>1

FOR THE DEVS
    The token combiner is MUTUALLY beneficial for players and devs. Some reasons below:
    - ISO taxation/removal: Using my example of a 10 token conversion, 10 Standard tokens would create 1 Heroic, 10 Heroics into 1 Valiant, 10 Valiant into 1 Legendary. This means every use of the combiner would result in a net loss of potential ISO to the player. This is the tradeoff the player faces for the chance to roll on a higher tier cover. Less ISO floating around would create more demand from ISO from other sources.

- Progression speed concerns: The combiner SLOWS down average progression. Consider the current gold pull rate from Heroic tokens, 4* 20*0.2=4%, 3* 40*0.6=24%, total approximately 28%. On average, you would get roughly 3 golds for every 10 Heroic tokens you opened. The tradeoff for the player here is a guaranteed chance for 1 gold vs. 3 unguaranteed golds+spare ISO.

- Stockpiled tokens: Consider the case of a token stockpiler with a 10 token conversion rate. You would need 10*10*10=1000 standard tokens to convert into a SINGLE legendary token. This is by no means an efficiently abused means of progression.

- Player Frustration: Let me emphasize that this is an OPTION for players. Having a different avenue to use your tokens provides meaningful choice and decision making. At the same time, the Token Combiner takes away the continuous FRUSTRATION players face when opening a token only to find an ISO packet in its place.

Conclusion:
    I believe that an implementation of a T3 Valiant Token along with a Token Combiner would help to both increase customer satisfaction with the game while also helping devs manage ISO economy and progression speed. Constructive suggestions/modifications/feedback are welcome.

Aman this needs more upvotes!!!!!!!
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    TL:DR all, upvoted