could be worse...

Unknown
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I know this game can be completely frustrating and from today's posting we see how unfair the game is and lack of communication from the reds and so on. However, it could all be worse and someday things may go down this road.

I am a huge car guy. Right now I work in the auto industry and have for a while and love it. My pre-MPQ addiction was Car
Town. Well I found the replacement today and dove right in just to find out it's buggy, crashes, and the best part! They are pulling the plug in 2 weeks. Now it's been out for a while (couple of years) and because the developers weren't making the big money, they closed the game and moved onto the next.

This is a game with several multi million dollar contacts to help pay the hefty licenses for the cars and had a cult following. Not enough to prevent the plug from being pulled. Remember the "you're supposed to lose" comment? Well these devs can one up that. "After a year or so games get to expensive and revenue is less than expenses. At that time, we pull the plug. Yes it's sad to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to lose everything, but at least you have the memories."

A few more rude, careless, and condescending comments come from the CT dev team well before and well after the announcement. Basically if this game had that dev team, this game wouldn't be here today. They would of made Dark Regin and Wolverine Puzzle Quest two different games icon_lol.gif

TL;DR yes things may suck around here from time to time, but at lest we get SOME new content and a game that the devs/publisher haven't gotten bored with.

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I'm pretty sure the devs are busy with their Hail Mary pass of new features. Or they're busy moving office supplies over to the MTG building.

As for pulling the plug, that day will be the single best forum lurking day ever.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't be fooled, as soon as MPQ stops generating enough income to outweigh the outgoings the plug will be pulled.

This is exactly why I refuse to spend money on digital content that I cannot download and use when and where I like. I spent £2.99 on Puzzle Quest 2 and can even play that on the underground.
  • It's too bad MPQ couldn't be created without a constant internet connection. Understandable for events and such but for prologue? At least once they pull the plug, we'll be able to play on consoles. Most games don't offer that. I guess this brings up the topic of social gaming and what's the shelf life of many games. Clash of Clans is three years old, but hasn't hit it's popularity where Car Town lasted only three years with not just their version of whales, but also million dollar oil and tire companies sponsoring them.

Here's to hoping that MtG:PQ doesn't hurt our beloved MPQ too soon.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    What do you mean by "from today's posting we see how unfair the game is..."?
  • Peej13 wrote:
    What do you mean by "from today's posting we see how unfair the game is..."?

From yesterday's postings the usual 5* scaling woes, AI getting massive cascades, Heroic 20 packs being mainly 2* with the cherry on top the legendary token exploit which I'm just hearing about. icon_e_surprised.gif