Leveling up button needs help

Options
darkestcurse
darkestcurse Posts: 54 Match Maker
I have to barely click the leveling up button and it shoot up 100-200 exp points. There should be a brief pause at each level so I can take my finger off the button instead of putting 25-100 extra EXP into the next level. It's a waste until I have enough to fully level up the plainswalker.
(Ipad version).

Comments

• OrionKannan
    OrionKannan Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I agree, something a little slower would be nice...think I pressed the level up button for about a second and I gained 2 levels.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yup, accidentally leveled up to lvl 4 first time I used it.
  • This is absolutely my number 1 complaint right now. Every time I try to level someone up, it drains my entire resource pool instead of simply using the minimum about needed to level them up 1 time.
  • +1. Very annoying.
  • Implementing the exact same system as is already present in Marvel PQ would be perfect in my opinion!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please, no. I hate having to sit there pumping up the level bar over and over. A simple +1 level button that takes the requisite number of mana runes and brings the planeswalker to the next level would be ideal. I don't understand why they put these meters in their games. Do the other puzzle quest games (besides Marvel) use them too?
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am in agreement with the majority and I have no idea why you changed the leveling up process compared to that in Marvel PQ.
    I guess you haven't heard of the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!".
    You tried to fix something that wasn't broken, but it sure is broke now.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please, no. I hate having to sit there pumping up the level bar over and over. A simple +1 level button that takes the requisite number of mana runes and brings the planeswalker to the next level would be ideal. I don't understand why they put these meters in their games. Do the other puzzle quest games (besides Marvel) use them too?

I actually like this idea, BlackSheep. Adding a +1 level button would be an excellent compromise and a win-win solution. You would still get to spend all of your XP credit if you so desire, while others like me could just tap the +1 level button and gain a single level without spending more XP credit than necessary.

Come on, D3Go! How did YOU NOT think of that?
  • The intuitive approach would be to make that a "tap" would add 25-50 XP (or finish your current level.) A tap and hold (for about 1 second is standard) would cause the execution of numerous blocks of XP to be given to the PW. Once a PW reaches their next level, there should be a courtesy pause where the player can have the options to stop throwing XP but if they continue to hold their finger on the PW for, say .5 seconds, the XP starts building up again.

This happens in many games and interfaces and is so common, most may not even recognize it happens. This might not be straight-forward to develop (it's been about 4 years since I did iOS development) but it should certainly be doable.
  • Since you don't get anything from paying less then 100% of the runes required for the next level, I see absolutely no point in the "Fill up your XP-meter" button. Why not just have a button that increases the level by 1 for the appropriate cost?
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The leveling should stop at each level. Make the player remove their finguer and press the button to go up another level. I like the speed the exp is added, much better than the molasses of MPQ (hint: speed up ISO-8 leveling in MPQ).