S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply List (Daily Rewards)

18081828486

Comments

  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    3228 - 50 HP
    3230 - Heroic token

    tfaludi said:
    And what Pi says is inline more or less with giving the veteran players the rewards retroactively also. The problem with that is the devs dont have tools for that, and building a tool for that needs development time. They would need to modify the database also, which can be risky 
    That's understandable...
    Last time I knew (and I could be behind the times here), there was a sandbox server... one that was used for certain types of accounts.  Why not test certain algorithms, database changes, and whatever else there?

    Or maybe they do already, and this is obviously a moot point.  Lol.  Just talking out loud, so-to-speak.  :)
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    3235 - Hydra Stomper, green cover
  • jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Agreed Pi -- it just seems like with any ecosystem, the new players want to be "gifted" the same rewards as those that have put in the time.  That's kind of why I'd advocate for a go-forward change.  I think @tfaludi is likely correct that there isn't likely an easy way to retroactive the rewards, which makes sense.  I personally feel that adding new/better rewards at year 9 of the game's anniversary of daily rewards would be an agreeable spot in time.  For those that aren't there?  You'll get there if you stick with it.  For those that ARE there?  Thanks for your support of the game over the years, and here's some extra goodies for your continued loyalty.
  • ickysticky
    ickysticky Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    jkzl said:
    Agreed Pi -- it just seems like with any ecosystem, the new players want to be "gifted" the same rewards as those that have put in the time.  That's kind of why I'd advocate for a go-forward change.  I think @tfaludi is likely correct that there isn't likely an easy way to retroactive the rewards, which makes sense.  I personally feel that adding new/better rewards at year 9 of the game's anniversary of daily rewards would be an agreeable spot in time.  For those that aren't there?  You'll get there if you stick with it.  For those that ARE there?  Thanks for your support of the game over the years, and here's some extra goodies for your continued loyalty.
    I fully agree with you. I'm only on day 600 something and I see people here for years before me. I wouldn't expect (unless I spent 2 grand) to get to your level of progression anyway quickly.

    I just know that sometimes a game can get tiresome if you get the same lukewarm rewards. So FOR the veteran player I'd say add some type of linear increase to the rewards. Eg instead of 50 points, after day 3350, it increases to 55 points whenever you get it, after day 3500, 60 points, 3650, 65 points etc until some hard limit (for now)

    It's the same with shareholders. The longer you have a stake in a company the bigger the rewards should be for your support.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    3237 - Mighty token
    3239 - 2500 iso
  • tfaludi
    tfaludi Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I asked the question about shield rewards om the monthly dev q and a, but there was no answer. So i guess it is not even considered
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    3244 - Legendary token
  • jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 53 Match Maker
    tfaludi said:
    I asked the question about shield rewards om the monthly dev q and a, but there was no answer. So i guess it is not even considered
    I think it's fair to wonder why they didn't answer that question, but they were also slammed with questions, so they can't answer them all.  Historically, the devs are quiet when it comes to rewards because if they commit to any kind of change (big or small), the community will lose their minds.  Then if they change it, the community (again) loses their minds.  

    For their sanity, it often is probably the wiser choice to quietly note it, work on it, and then at some point, maybe they make a change.  If they say there will be a change, there will be a never-ending line of "but when?" and "are we there yet?" questions they'll have to suffer through.

    We can be a very demanding userbase, lol.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    3251 - Heroic token
    3255 - 50 HP
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    3258 - Mighty token
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    3259 - 2500 ISO
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    3264 - 100 HP

    *note, just got my 5th year anniversary sticker here on the forums.  Cool.
    ** 2nd note, less than 30 days before we get to see what 9 years of logging in gets you.  ;)
  • jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 53 Match Maker
    PiMacleod said:
    ** 2nd note, less than 30 days before we get to see what 9 years of logging in gets you.  ;)

  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 7,079 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the dev being so generous with 5* covers, maybe they could give 5* cover every 20 days instead?  
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    jkzl said:
    PiMacleod said:
    ** 2nd note, less than 30 days before we get to see what 9 years of logging in gets you.  ;)

    Just referencing that movie alone makes me smile.  On this simple note, I'll sleep happy.  Lol
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the dev being so generous with 5* covers, maybe they could give 5* cover every 20 days instead?  
    They could give out one every week and it wouldn't break the game.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 387 Mover and Shaker
    Good grief -- they just gave me 6 yesterday off of Emma shards alone.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    3265 - Blob, green cover
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    3272 - Heroic token