Reality Crush Team up

Boommike
Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
I just used a Reality Crush team up in a match. Level 166 with a stun to a random opponent. There was only one opponent left alive on the enemy team (Thor). After the team up, Thor had incurred the damage dealt by the team up attack, but was not stunned. Can the team up stun target a downed enemy?

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    The TU ability should work like the Active Ability... which will NOT stun an already dead opponent. I use SW all the time, and this behavior only happens with the TU.

I used it last night in the Thor PVP. Thor was the only one standing on the opponent team, I used the TU, and it only did damage. Thor being the only one alive when it was used, should be the only one for ability to choose... not an already downed opponent.

The only time a deceased opponent should be stunned is if he/she is alive when the ability is used... then it is one of the randomized people stunned, then killed with damage.

This TU is bugged. Needs to be fixed.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the confirmation JVReal. Yes, to clarify, Thor was the only one standing before the team up was used.

Ending up losing with him at 212 health thanks to it all.... icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    The TU ability should work like the Active Ability... which will NOT stun an already dead opponent. I use SW all the time, and this behavior only happens with the TU.
    I haven't seen it with Scarlet Witch (I didn't have her well covered until quite recently), but I have seen this same issue with both Doctor Octopus and Gamora's AoE attacks that randomly stun some (but not all) of the enemy team. I would be surprised if SW wasn't prone to the same issue.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually, the current situation is - damage first & stun after (at least for visually)

The new setup may be buggy and might not apply the stun visually. Maybe that happened to OP.

I've seen similar effect - stun did not apply visually until AI turn - but was not able to reproduce it yet to make file a bug.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Actually, the current situation is - damage first & stun after (at least for visually)

The new setup may be buggy and might not apply the stun visually. Maybe that happened to OP.

I've seen similar effect - stun did not apply visually until AI turn - but was not able to reproduce it yet to make file a bug.
    I do believe they stun first so that characters who respond to attacks do not get to (Cap Marvel, Hulk, DP, etc)... even though visually it may not display until after. With SW, you'll see the damage, the character go gray with the stun count (5), then the count drops when the character is registered as downed. I use her every day in the Big Enchilada.

I couldn't tell you how Gamora works, since I barely use her, but with her boosted, I've used her in the Essential nodes and visually it looks like damage first and stun second.

At any rate, I have submitted a ticket and am providing CS with the information they have requested.