Team ups (one in particular)...[Which do you dislike?]

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
ENOUGH WITH THE GAMMA SYPHON TEAM UP ON EVERY BLOODY NODE!

sorry, not really worth it's own thread. and i know people are tired of complaining, but holy smokes, this is getting out of hand.

it's a cheap, dirty move and they need to chill on it a little.

Mod Edit:Changed topic title to reflect thread

Comments

• Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    jredd wrote:

sorry, not really worth it's own thread. and i know people are tired of complaining, but holy smokes, this is getting out of hand.

I also noted how common it seems. A very annoying TU!
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I agree, seems especially prepared for Thor and Kamala week icon_evil.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have they gone back to villains only getting villain teamups? I get flashbacks to the early days of teamups... "You have to face Ares, Juggernaut and Daken... with a Sentry teamup..."
    (Mind you, this was back when Sentry was truly scary).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:

We had this conversation in our alliance chat last night lol.

Here is a trick, even if you have only 1 cover on Rulk, if you see gamma siphon.. put him on your team.. it will remove the team up, hit back, change it out,.. and siphon is usually gone.
  • Wait what? We can force the team-up to change if we don't like it? Awesome!
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, IIRC it was the team-up in two nodes of one of the Hulk subs. We get it, it's a cheapo way to troll most AoE users, but maybe don't make it into the Juggernaut of teamups.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    The team-up I'm fearing is Ghost Rider's black. Not looking forward to seeing it.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The team-up I'm fearing is Ghost Rider's black. Not looking forward to seeing it.

I'm not that worried. You know the AI will make a few quick TU matches and hit you for something like 482. The AI isn't smart enough to wait and use it properly.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen it a lot, but it doesn't bother me too much, since typically it happens quite early in the match and I don't usually use green that often. I can see why they used it this time with KK & Thor boosted.

The one that irritated me this time around was the Doom Summon Demons TU that is on the node with the Commander who uses Tactical Deployment that drops a green Strike tile in the corners, then AI drops Summons Demons, and then pummels you while you're trying desperately to down the overscaled Moonstone who keeps spamming Gravity Warp and getting uncanny cascades. Grrrr

Speaking of TU's, I used Reality Crush yesterday against Thor, with him being the only opponent not downed at the time I used it... and it didn't stun him. Really irked me. Went to bugs section and someone there had the same thing happen.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Here is a trick, even if you have only 1 cover on Rulk, if you see gamma siphon.. put him on your team.. it will remove the team up, hit back, change it out,.. and siphon is usually gone.

Does that really work for you? I've had the AI use teamups for characters on my team frequently (control-shifting what my Moonstone just stole, embiggens bashing my Kamala, etc). I assumed it was a "feature" of AI teamups, but if it's a bug I'll submit a ticket...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    In PvE you shouldn't see any characters on your team as a team-up for the enemy side. It's a free-for-all in PvP.
  • I was just saying the same thing about this team up, I think D3 enjoys bashing their customers with annoying things like this...and where is MY FRIGGIN OFF BUTTON FOR THESE FRIGGIN STUPID TEAM UPS, wish I could us a team up on the people who though about this non sense DING DONG IDEA...please shut these servers DOWN, PLEEEEEEEEAAAASE !!! icon_e_confused.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Have they gone back to villains only getting villain teamups? I get flashbacks to the early days of teamups... "You have to face Ares, Juggernaut and Daken... with a Sentry teamup..."
    (Mind you, this was back when Sentry was truly scary).

Ah, the heady days when the AI had 3 team-ups, all Supernova. Or maybe that was just a nightmare I had.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    It's obvious that they pick TU's that counter what you're likely to bring and that's okay although slightly annoying. I have a terrible habit of not looking at enemy TU. This leads to AI catching me off guard with a perfectly timed counter and it feels pretty bad icon_e_sad.gif When it's Gamma Siphon or Kingpin's drain, it hurts me right in the heart.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    jredd wrote:

Was discussing this with an alliance mate yesterday and very nearly started a new post of my own. And I've seen them not only in the PVE, but PVP too, I had figured that somewhere it had been decided Gamma Syphon was the best team-up to have, so everyone was running it... but in PVP the defence doesn't get to pick its team-up, so no idea what's going on.

There are a lot of them around though.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    I tried this today, and every time I back up and replace Rulk, Gamma Siphon comes back. This was in PVE, though. I don't know if it's the same in PVP.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    I tried this today, and every time I back up and replace Rulk, Gamma Siphon comes back. This was in PVE, though. I don't know if it's the same in PVP.

+1

Also tried the replace with Rulk trick, but the TU changed back to Siphon after I removed him from my lineup.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    was trying out a new team on a node just farting around. my beast/bullseye/psylocke were very overmatched. got a cascade. I was working my way through all their ap, building up green and I hadn't paid attn. and this hit. I just retreated and threw a better team at it. was frustrating because I was needing speed and shouldn't have been experimenting - on the very edge of maybe getting to the LT (but I started Monday, so understandable).
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

+1

Also tried the replace with Rulk trick, but the TU changed back to Siphon after I removed him from my lineup.

You guys all made the cardinal sin of discussing an AI nullifying tactic on these boards so that the devs could sneakily change it. Did you learn nothing from Galactus Hungers?
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    They need to fix the bug with Gamora's skullcracker TU. Using it with one enemy left doesn't stun them, but when she uses it herself it does. Just got bit by this.