Daily supply drops.... any changes coming soon??

Thorzhamer
Thorzhamer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
as an everyday player thats been at this for two years now I feel that the daily supply drops are woefully out of date ( 250 iso, standard tokens as only 2 examples ).... have the Devs mentioned any changes to this?

Id love to see long time players receive something ( larger iso amounts, BETTER 4* and 5*covers ) a bit more worth the time weve placed playing and supporting this game.... time for the Devs to step up.

Thoughts?

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    add this to the 'we'll get to it when we can' pile. file under number 758...

hey look over there! it's another **** new 4* character

*runs away*
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Long time players get more command points in their drops than new players. It's not much, but it's something.
  • Thorzhamer
    Quebbster wrote:
    Long time players get more command points in their drops than new players. It's not much, but it's something.

yes this is true... but they are so few and far between that its really not something to look at everyday.... im speaking of overhauling the entire thing and giving out items that truly represent a players time spent playing this game.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I just got my daily reward for day 753 today...it was a tinykitty-ing STANDARD TOKEN. Golly D3, you shouldn't have. icon_mad.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think OP is more referring to the "random" days where nothing is assigned. It's pretty dumb to get a standard token, or 250 iso (not the worst), after 2 years of playing. I think OP is suggesting scaling up the random rewards for # days played.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oddly enough, I'm coming up to day 550, which is the GT blue cover that I need to properly spec her to 5/3/5. But I completely agree with the posts in this thread. It's absurd that someone who has played for over a year is getting a standard token in the daily drop.
  • tiger92882
    tiger92882 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    They recently added day 750ish through 1000(?), and added CPs recently as well.

There's your changes.

As noted before, receiving the outdated covers via daily rewards is like reliving the game's history. "And on day 450, Nick Fury was still new-ish and much in demand..." .. heh.

Beyond the initial 30-60 days, they should all be tokens. Except for the dinos clustered around ~365.

I think you are onto something here. Give a daily vault token(50 item vault with one Legendary Token?) with Legendary Token Rewards sprinkled in where 4* covers are currently given, 2 vault tokens given on days where a 3* cover is in the current rotation. Keep the 1000 iso, Hero Points, Command Points at the same interval they are currently and you get something that even the best rosters could benefit from each day. Then players could also wait to clear the whole vault or redeem them when the vault has needed covers. I don't have the same 4* pain because I don't have any with more than a few covers but I get 3* covers that I don't need(currently at day ~200). Your solution would fix daily rewards for players at all levels.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've complained about this since about day 415...why are there still 3*'s at that time?

IceIX replied to that complaint once: "not everyone has 3* covers by then", something like that.

Except DDQ wasn't a thing before...if you can start running it effectively you'll be completely 3* covered by about that time. Shouldn't be anything except 4* covers after that. Actually, should probably be all LT's after that.

I needed Elecktra black (day 610), and I'll need SS (day 730). I have to wait 120 days between cover drops that are useful for me...don't know why there are still three 3*'s between those time periods.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a Luke Cage black today. Been after that for ages.

So now I only need one 3* cover and I'm done. And that's gonna show up in DDQ a week tomorrow. Saved up 200k ISO for when the underlevelled 3*s are featured and then it's onto 4*s.
  • Thorzhamer
    mohio wrote:
    I think OP is more referring to the "random" days where nothing is assigned. It's pretty dumb to get a standard token, or 250 iso (not the worst), after 2 years of playing. I think OP is suggesting scaling up the random rewards for # days played.

Im referring to ALL rewards... there is ZERO reson for a long time play to receive a standard token as an example for any reason whatso ever..... im suggesting that the daily drops SCALE UP as you go along and not just the same rewards all the time.... something like once you reach day 200 you wont get a standard token anymore and your possibility to get something better would increase.....

really id be happy with some feedback from someone with the Devs about this as I think its a big enough flaw in the game that it SHOULD be addressed.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to play devils advocate, I'd say the Daily Resupply is just gravy. There is nothing else in this game that is free, so I don't complain about receiving a standard token. At worst it's 100iso, at best it's 500. And that is better than the 20 iso for beating a mission more than once all day long.

Plus, CP every 30 days? I get 15 so that's one every other day for doing nothing other than logging in. icon_cool.gif

Here's the total reward thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3642
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    pheregas wrote:
    Just to play devils advocate, I'd say the Daily Resupply is just gravy. There is nothing else in this game that is free, so I don't complain about receiving a standard token. At worst it's 100iso, at best it's 500. And that is better than the 20 iso for beating a mission more than once all day long.

Plus, CP every 30 days? I get 15 so that's one every other day for doing nothing other than logging in. icon_cool.gif

Here's the total reward thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3642

Technically speaking, you don't get the daily resupply for just logging in. You have to actually play a match as well. That's some serious nit picking on my part though. icon_e_wink.gif

The purpose of the Daily Resupply is to motivate people to log into their game and play it on a daily basis. By your own devil's advocate logic, the Daily Resupply is no longer doing it's job if it's just gravy for veteran players. It behooves D3 to scale the value of the Daily Resupply the more you play to help keep players coming back day after day.