Why I am temporarily quitting PVE

2»

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Orion wrote:
    PvEs need to have rewards on par with PvPs. That means a 4* progression reward cover and then a Legendary token at the end. Why do a 7-day PvE for just a Legendary token? That makes no sense.

PvP is 60 hours for 100HP, 3100 Iso, a 2*, 3* and 4*, 3 event tokens and one Legendary. (if you can get all the rewards)

On par with that means a 7 day PvE needs ~8700 Iso, ~275HP, ~3 covers of each rarity, ~9 tokens, and ~3 Legendaries.

It's currently 4800iso, 75hp, 2/1/0 by rarity, 2 and 1 tokens, respectively. The Iso is definitely offset by the actual mechanic, and can be argued the HP/tokens are offset by the existence of the sub rewards (at least for some).

The specific covers and legendaries are definitely out of whack though, and that's where PvE ultimately loses me. If there were at least one guaranteed 4* in the progression, I'd be much more likely to play when needed.

That's a pretty false comparison though - your looking at elapsed time for the event rather than applied time from the players.

PVP - initial seed team plus climb to say 400 - 1 hr
    Subsequent climb as bracket fills - 1 hr
    Climb to first shield - 1 hr
    3 hops - 30 mins total
    Queue management - 30 mins

So in 2.5 days I've 'had' to play 4 hours to achieve those rewards

Per day in pve on. 24 hour sub:

First clear - 45 mins
    Second clear - 30 mins
    Third clear - 30 mins
    Grind 2.5 hours

That's all assuming it a non wave event

Pve therefore requires charitably 4 hours play - often optimally at specific Windows outside of the control of the player per day - or about 10 hours of fighting Bullseye and Jugs repeatedly and that's before ISO 20 grinding instead of paying out the cp on a node of people like 2Cap being a required character