Please do something, ANYTHING, about Dark Avenger cheapness

Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
In general they're pretty normal, but when overboosted (case in point, current Hulk PvE), the game just becomes extremely unfun. Remember Galactus round 1? Overboosted Juggernaut is near that level. I swear, I have nightmares about his nonstop Headbutts.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Part of the issue is that a lot of the Dark Avengers have gotten retooled since this event was originally released and I'm not sure the changes were accounted for. When this event was originally conceived
    * Daken didn't have a 5-cost blue that turns into a cannon when he's boosted - a blue that tends to create green cascades for Ares/Juggs cheap abilities
    * Bullseye only had his high-cost black for offense
    * Moonstone's black was largely useless

Lots of nodes that used to have reasonably direct strategies have gotten substantially more complicated. In earlier runs a Daken/Bullseye/Moonstone node usually only required you to run red denial while you took down Moonstone and then the rest was often manageable. (Or knock over BE before the screen is too clogged with protect to do damage.) But now you are probably locked into doing blue denial while still trying to pursue the above strategies.

Nodes that pair Daken with either Juggs or Ares are just punishing, because Daken getting blue now turns into a guaranteed Onslaught or Crash next turn.

The thing I'm always amazed by is the AP-generation that the AI Jugg gets on a Crash. He seems to reliably generate enough AP to at least Headbutt or Crash again - if not worse.

There are several nodes in Hulk that I wish were 1-shots. Grinding them is amazingly rough.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the treasure trove of villains in the Marvel Universe, it's frankly inexcusable at this point in the game's lifecycle that we are still fighting Dark Avengers and their cheap, spammable powers. This game desperately needs some new NPC villains like Gorgon.