4* PvPs

Isn't it time to make them a staple instead of with just new releases? With the placement reward structure similar to the current 3* PvPs, but with covers of 4*s.

Now that there're 20+ 4* characters and 3x 5*s, isn't it about time to have ongoing PvP's similar to the 3* module? I recall this being the case way back then for 3*s when there were 20+ 3*s and only 3x 4*s (IW, XFW & Fury).

Not sure how this will happen, what with the season concept that's happening now, but it should start happening already.

Thoughts? comments?

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the last time I read anything about it, IceIX said that they needed at least two seasons worth of 4*'s so that it wouldn't feel stale. I think this was around the time that MrF was released, and there were 15 or 16 at the time. I think that means probably another 4 or 5 4*'s before they'll even consider making the swap. So probably end of Feb?
  • Mawtful wrote:
    I think the last time I read anything about it, IceIX said that they needed at least two seasons worth of 4*'s so that it wouldn't feel stale. I think this was around the time that MrF was released, and there were 15 or 16 at the time. I think that means probably another 4 or 5 4*'s before they'll even consider making the swap. So probably end of Feb?

Oh, I must've missed that. But there are 20x 4*s now so that's technically 2 seasons worth of PvPs right? I believe its 10 per season. icon_e_smile.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stale? Don't we have like twenty-two 4*s in the game already? At the rate we're going at two 4's enter just about every season. Season typically last ten PvPs. I can see having nothing but 4* PvP being stale but there's absolutely no reason as to why we couldn't have three more on top of the one or two we typically get every month.

Even better, if the PvPs proceeding them had that featured as top 100 placement. Oh man, life would be SO MUCH BETTER if they had implemented this back when we hit fifteen of them. I honestly believe they just haven't bothered because they didn't feel like it. They've been stating for a while now that they want to help people push into 4 stars but this would seem like such a simple solution. Why haven't they did it yet?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why 2 seasons worth? They don't need to run a 4☆ pvp season, just weave them in 2:1 like they are with heroics in pve
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    icon_e_biggrin.gif Yeah and should start with an IW event poor Sue never had any... oh wait she was invisible at the time.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:
    I think the last time I read anything about it, IceIX said that they needed at least two seasons worth of 4*'s so that it wouldn't feel stale.
    Simple solution, make seasons shorter.

Slogging through 29 days for a LToken which ends up being icon_starlord.png is beyond ridiculous
  • Oh great.. My thread has been shifted to Suggs and Feed.

Never gonna see the light of day again..