Has something changed?

Druss
Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The reason I ask is that I have been playing this game daily for almost 2 years & in that time I have seen periods of big cascades etc but in my opinion these always seem to even themselves out.

However, I have noticed some huge cascades over the last 5 days, at least 10 giving the AI over 80 in the colour pool & 3 of these over 100. Again I was pretty much ignoring this but at least 4 others in my alliance have been commenting they are experiencing the same thing. Before I get all the "people haven't got anything better to say in chat, etc" comments, I should explain that I have been in the same alliance for the past 6 months & this topic has not come up before.

I must admit to being quite lazy when it comes to reading/watching announcements, so it is quite possible that changes have been made that are generally known about that I'm ignorant of, hence the title's question.

Edit: Straight after writing this, I have done 3 battles the first I had a cascade worth 71 & the 3rd 54. These sorts of cascades seem to be coming far more than expected?

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    You didn't read the patch notes? The AI's cascade % increases every 7 days, but buying Stark Salary resets the timer.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    a-ha! since I'm nearly on day 700 that would explain it - a 100% increase!!

Seriously though - it's not just the AI getting these cascades - my very next fight after the first edit I got a cascade of 37 on turn 1. So from 4 battles after making this post I had a cascade of 71, 54 & 37 - hardly the expected norm?
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Same experience here, major increase in cascades for both sides in the Thor pvp
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor

Nothing to see here, move on

The board is totally random and not affected by what characters you bring or whose turn it is.
    Anything like that happening is just coincidence and stuff that can happen in a random environment

Nothing to see here, move on
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    (Almost) An entire row of yellow dropped on the screen yesterday during the AI's turn. This morning I had three rounds of match-5s. This happens enough that it feels implausible as truly random. Have the devs ever said there isn't an algorithm influencing color drop based on what's currently on the board and which characters are in play?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    You might be onto something, D. I had an AI cascade for like 40+ aps this week. It's a miracle I managed to survive that! icon_lol.gif
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    puppychow wrote:
    You might be onto something, D. I had an AI cascade for like 40+ aps this week. It's a miracle I managed to survive that! icon_lol.gif

I had that happen in my last match to break 1K in the Thor PVP. I said thank you because I had JG on my team and they literally wiped themselves out with all the match 5s.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    pvp feels the same but every time I hop into pve it seems there's a dramatic increase in turn 1 or 2 cascades. in pvp it happens, but not with the frequency that it does in pve (my experience). in hulk pve, I've only played a day and can almost fill a hand with the number of times a turn 1 or 2 cascade leaves the enemy team with ~20 ap to start the match with.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    I can't seem to go two turns without the AI getting a 30+ match cascade
  • Dwarfsteel
    Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I'd have to say I've noticed this fairly often as well. More so the AI getting the cascades than just a general increase. I have had lucky matches where I'm living in cascade city, but way more often it's the AI soaking up the AP and then dumping it all on my team's heads. It's even more frustrating when you're up against a super over powered Juggernaut who headbutts you, followed by an unstoppable crash, gets even more AP from cascades, and then repeats the same process the next round and then again just in case my team hadn't learned their lesson…

It also seems that really bad boards happen more often depending on my line up. If for some reason I'm running a "sub-rainbow" team and the AI team has the colour or colours I'm not running it will favour those. Is this D3's way of evening the odds for an AI that doesn't usually make the best decisions?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last week, the AI had a turn that gave them about 60 AP.

It's the first time it's happened in a long while to me.

In that same time, I had about 500 matches that had completely boring regular drops on every single turn.
  • I have to agree that I have been recently being on the buht end of some brutal cascades..like A.I Falcon dropping 3500k dmg in cascades. fun stuff
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    scottee wrote:
    Last week, the AI had a turn that gave them about 60 AP.

It's the first time it's happened in a long while to me.

In that same time, I had about 500 matches that had completely boring regular drops on every single turn.

If only that 60AP turn wasn't a 1/50,000 (or fewer) match odds...