How much is the fish? Stark salary

Cascad
Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello everybody!
Just want to know how much Stark salary in your country. Sure we know it, 100$ so so. But here, in Russia, cost of that is 88,2$ today. And the salary in Russia is about 500-550$ is quite nice. I live in Khabarovsk, it is Far East near the China. So instead of Stark salary in my city i can buy 60 hamburgers or 171 white breads or 100 litres of Coca-cola or spent it on 240 tickets on bus in the city or i can go to the GYM 10 months (it is cheap for me, usually Stark salary is enough for 2-3months) or i can pay for the apartments (gas, electricity, hot and cold water,centralized heat supply), i can go to the cinema 24 times, buy smartpnone (really bad quality), or play WOW 11 months.
So what you can do with Stark salary in your city?

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cascad wrote:
    Hello everybody!
    Just want to know how much Stark salary in your country. Sure we know it, 100$ so so. But here, in Russia, cost of that is 88,2$ today. And the salary in Russia is about 500-550$ is quite nice. I live in Khabarovsk, it is Far East near the China. So instead of Stark salary in my city i can buy 60 hamburgers or 171 white breads or 100 litres of Coca-cola or spent it on 240 tickets on bus in the city or i can go to the GYM 10 months (it is cheap for me, usually Stark salary is enough for 2-3months) or i can pay for the apartments (gas, electricity, hot and cold water,centralized heat supply), i can go to the cinema 24 times, buy smartpnone (really bad quality), or play WOW 11 months.
    So what you can do with Stark salary in your city?

Holy ****, the one thing that sticks up is how cheap cinema is there! Like ridiculously so. Here in Australia, a Stark Salary is $130 but the minimum salary per week is $640. $130 are 27 Big Macs, or 86 litres of Coke, 35 public transport 2-hour passes and 6 cinema tickets. (10 of the cheapest possible ones)
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    $159.99 AUD, which is around 96 beers. Realizing this now, I'm probably never gonna buy the Stark Salary ever again.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Well now that gas is cheaper its about 3-4 tanks. Beer wise? About six 30 packs. In my favorite so not the cheapest about mid range flavor. For me a stark salery is something I spend on family. Fishing. A splurge on a nice meal. Rarity. What's necessary, occasional fun. Not this game though. Or any other for that matter. Any Amur Pike in your neighborhood?
  • Here in Brazil is R$ 300.00 approximately US$ 80.25. With that money can buy about 10 different games on Steam. icon_lol.gif
  • Pylgrim
    $159.99 AUD, which is around 96 beers. Realizing this now, I'm probably never gonna buy the Stark Salary ever again.

Uh? Why is it more expensive for you than for me?
  • Cascad
    Pylgrim wrote:

Holy ****, the one thing that sticks up is how cheap cinema is there! Like ridiculously so. Here in Australia, a Stark Salary is $130 but the minimum salary per week is $640. $130 are 27 Big Macs, or 86 litres of Coke, 35 public transport 2-hour passes and 6 cinema tickets. (10 of the cheapest possible ones)
    I like your salary, but cinema icon_eek.gif is quite expensive!!!
  • Cascad
    Marine8394 wrote:
    Well now that gas is cheaper its about 3-4 tanks. Beer wise? About six 30 packs. In my favorite so not the cheapest about mid range flavor. For me a stark salery is something I spend on family. Fishing. A splurge on a nice meal. Rarity. What's necessary, occasional fun. Not this game though. Or any other for that matter. Any Amur Pike in your neighborhood?
    It is not in neighborhood but not so far I suppose... I am not professional in it icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Pylgrim wrote:

Because you're both using some wacky conversion rates for USD to AUD?

A Stark Salary that costs USD$100 will cost you ~AUD$137.80 http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/con ... USD&To=AUD

Maybe there are different exchange rates on offer between the stores (steam/itunes/google) which could also explain it...

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Stark Salary costs $128.98 here in Singapore, which is approx. $91.70USD.

You can get 22 double Cheeseburger meals from Mac-D's, 11 movie tickets, about 23x 630Ml bottles of local beer or can pay for my transport to and from work for about 1.2 months.
  • Pylgrim
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Because you're both using some wacky conversion rates for USD to AUD?

A Stark Salary that costs USD$100 will cost you ~AUD$137.80 http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/con ... USD&To=AUD

Maybe there are different exchange rates on offer between the stores (steam/itunes/google) which could also explain it...

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.

There's no wacky conversion, the store shows the price in local currency, AUD129.99. Maybe that poster doesn't know it and is converting that price as though it was USD.
  • Cypr3ss
    Pylgrim wrote:
    There's no wacky conversion, the store shows the price in local currency, AUD129.99. Maybe that poster doesn't know it and is converting that price as though it was USD.

Well mine says its $99.99 for a Stark Salary and I'm playing 'via' Steam (which is USD), so again, different rates for different platforms, yay!

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Pylgrim
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Well mine says its $99.99 for a Stark Salary and I'm playing 'via' Steam (which is USD), so again, different rates for different platforms, yay!

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.

Ah yeah, Steam always uses USD.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here it's NZD 125, which (according t the ANZ website) is EUR 75, AUD 113, GBP 54, USD 82.

Both my Steam and Android Stark Salaries are priced in NZD, and have been for months.

For comparison, unleaded petrol is just under NZD 2 a litre, so you'd get maybe 65 litres for that.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    A member of my alliance switched phones, because prices are different between ios and Android.
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    In the United Kingdom a stark salary is 79.99 GBP which equates to around 119.99 USD, for that you can get one return train ticket from Portsmouth to London (peek - around 1.5hrs Journey time with the change to pay for the tube) 8 cinema tickets, 72 liters of petrol (around £1.10 a liter at the moment) 23 beers In the pub (around 3.50 a beer) 53 double cheese burgers from Maccie D's, 6 large dominos pizza's, 2 months gym membership, 2 months mobile phone contract.....
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    In Poland it's 379,99PLN (according to today's average exchange rate it's about 95USD), which is 28% of our minimal month payment.
    This is equal to 41 BigMac burgers, ~75l of beer, 88l of petrol, 126 single tickets for public communication or 23 lunches.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Stark Salary costs $128.98 here in Singapore, which is approx. $91.70USD.

You can get 22 double Cheeseburger meals from Mac-D's, 11 movie tickets, about 23x 630Ml bottles of local beer or can pay for my transport to and from work for about 1.2 months.

However, it is not enough to buy a square watermelon from Japan at $140. I'm not sure why someone would want a square watermelon but that's how it is.
  • Deadpooool wrote:
    Stark Salary costs $128.98 here in Singapore, which is approx. $91.70USD.

However, it is not enough to buy a square watermelon from Japan at $140. I'm not sure why someone would want a square watermelon but that's how it is.

Must not take troll bait. Must not take troll bait...

Rrrrrghhhh wth is a square watermelon?!
  • Cypr3ss
    Deadpooool wrote:
    ...icon_eek.gif...

LOL, its all about the packaging, don't ya know! those round ones are a pain to stack on a shelf!

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.