AI (Pop) Drinking Game

The Bob The
The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hopefully this subject matter isn't off-limits, but a post by Madok got me thinking that this would be an entertaining activity. It would also be a terrible way to hit your point progressions (another reason to use something non-alcoholic, considering how heavily most forumites play). Here's some starters (EDITED to include forum suggestions):

1 drink when the AI:
- Matches team-up tiles (really, this could be the only rule and it'd work)
- Matches its own special tile
- Chooses not to match one of your countdown tiles with more than one turn left
- Misses a match-5 (guaranteed for L- or T-shapes)
- Uses AP to heal unnecessarily (the Healthy Ragnarok Award)
- Matches your trap tile
- Gets two or more extra turns from cascades
- Shoots off additional powers after beating you (the corpse kick)

2 drinks when the AI:
- Fires a more expensive ability instead of a more dangerous one because it has the AP
- Matches its own special tile immediately after creating it
- Chooses not to match one of your countdown tiles with one turn left
- Fires a self-damaging ability that kills one of its characters
- Overwrites one of your trap tiles

3 drinks when the AI:
- Fires a self-damaging ability that kills its last character(s)

Finish (and/or throw) your drink if the AI:
- Triggers a massive cascade on turn 1 or 2 that charges up a game-changing power

Character Specific:
- Ragnarok uses his team's blue AP to heal unnecessarily = Drink
- Groot heals right before you're about to kill him with a power = Drink
- IM40 fires his blue, finish your drink and go read the Gameplay Tips section of the forum
- Bagman defeats you, finish your drink, acquire another and finish that, then go outside and rethink your life

I'm sure there are many more, and I've only focused on AI choices here. Your suggestions?

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking it should work the opposite way. Eg, do a shot when the AI gets a match4 or match5 from off the top of the screen. That way, after a couple matches, this'll no longer bother you at all.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ghost Rider PvP was awesome when the AI would use the loaner's Penance Stare for 276 health instead of BP's Rage which would do 15k total.

And the TU one should be 1 drink when the AI matches TU tiles after firing its 1 and only TU.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Make sure the paramedics are standing by if you do use alcohol for this game
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi, i would like to say just how sad this really is.. and.. that i have participated in a similar sad event...

First Ultron run...

My alliance at the time, had 6 RL friends in it. We all met up at one one house.. and sat on the back porch drinking, smoking, staring into our phones... and not talking.. until it was time to wait for a refresh or next node...

so sad... 10/10 would do again!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I almost started this exact thread after my post but got distracted by that pesky thing called work.

I would like to add, take a drink if you refuse to make a match 4 because you have played too many Loki matches.

I found myself doing that in the Ghost Rider PVP after grinding out the Loki PVP. I will say that while I hate the long animations, Loki fights are some of the most enjoyable from a puzzle standpoint.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    We're already addicted to the game, now you're suggesting us to become alcoholics too lol No thanks, I would be wasted after a few matches against Juggs icon_lol.gif
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    With those rules, even with non-alcoholic beverages, I would have to pee an awful lot.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Hopefully this subject matter isn't off-limits,

Don't worry, nothing spurs an impulse purchase of Logan's Loonies or above than drunk MPQ players. D3 will LOVE this (and possible increase the occurrences of above triggers).
  • The Bob The
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hi, i would like to say just how sad this really is.. and.. that i have participated in a similar sad event...

First Ultron run...

My alliance at the time, had 6 RL friends in it. We all met up at one one house.. and sat on the back porch drinking, smoking, staring into our phones... and not talking.. until it was time to wait for a refresh or next node...

I've done that. Did you do the thing where somebody says "Isn't it sad we're all together, but we're all staring at our phones?" and everybody nods and mumbles and then goes back to staring at their phones?
  • The Bob The
    madok wrote:
    I almost started this exact thread after my post but got distracted by that pesky thing called work.

I would like to add, take a drink if you refuse to make a match 4 because you have played too many Loki matches.

I found myself doing that in the Ghost Rider PVP after grinding out the Loki PVP. I will say that while I hate the long animations, Loki fights are some of the most enjoyable from a puzzle standpoint.

Man, Loki's mischief countdowns cost me the Iceman progression prize in his event! He was the last one yet, one optic blast away from death, but by the time his tiles had counted down and I fired it off ... mere seconds after midnight. Anyone else I'd be made, but with Loki ... well, I'm still mad, but it's laced with a grudging respect.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Everytime I lose, I go outside for a smoke...

Wish it was pop..
  • Here's a few more.

-Drink whenever your trap tiles get matched.
    -A drink whenever AI gets a two or more extra turns from cascades
    - whenever the AI shoots off two or more powers in the same turn.

2 drinks if groot heals on you before death.
    2 drinks if deapool whales on you

3 shots if bagman defeats you.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Ooh, 2 drinks if the AI fires an ability that disables your trap tile(s) by transforming them.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

Last New Year's a good friend who plays MPQ stayed over with us. While the wives and kids did their thing, the two of us laid around on the couch playing MPQ and talking about MPQ. It was one of the best holidays I've had in recent history. Nothing sad about it.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    If you want a really boring and sober drinking game, you could always drink whenever someone pulls a five star cover
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    morph3us wrote:
    With those rules, even with non-alcoholic beverages, I would have to pee an awful lot.

So it would be a health initiative because we would be promoting kidney health if you are drinking water. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • The Bob The
    El Satanno wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Last New Year's a good friend who plays MPQ stayed over with us. While the wives and kids did their thing, the two of us laid around on the couch playing MPQ and talking about MPQ. It was one of the best holidays I've had in recent history. Nothing sad about it.

Y'know, we kid about how sad it is, but it's funny to think that sitting on the couch watching football either in silence or discussion only sports is perfectly acceptable holiday behavior. If you and your friends/family/spouse have a shared interest that you can play and discuss together, count yourself lucky!
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    I was thinking it should work the opposite way. Eg, do a shot when the AI gets a match4 or match5 from off the top of the screen. That way, after a couple matches, this'll no longer bother you at all.

An entire shot? I come from a long line of hard drinking Irishmen and I'm pretty sure even my liver would explode trying to cope with that much alcohol (I mean...'soda').