Scrollable rankings

Options
Jathro
Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
It would be nice to be able to scroll through a ranking list to see where the breakpoints are based on rewards. Maybe the top spots are out of reach in some of the larger events.
But if I could take a look at the rankings between 11th and wherever it is I might be, I might be more inclined to push to a higher reward tier instead of simply settling somewhere farther down the list.

Having a glimpse at only the top 10 and my ranking doesn't really interest me if I'm somewhere in the 100s (or worse) with no chance of catching the top players.

Comments

• Oh yes this please.

I have absolutely no idea of what is happening in the simulator below top 10, and I'm most curious. icon_razz.gif

But seriously, it would be useful information for most players.
  • Most definitely! I would love to be able to see the reward points so I can plan my strategies a bit better, especially when there are multiple events running (which is awesome BTW) and I have to decide where to put my time/health in...
  • At a guess I would say they do it the way they do now to save load on the DB server because if everyone was requesting a whole bracket all the time it takes longer to run the query. Especially if you're looking at something like The Hulk event,
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    At a guess I would say they do it the way they do now to save load on the DB server because if everyone was requesting a whole bracket all the time it takes longer to run the query. Especially if you're looking at something like The Hulk event,

This is most likely the reason. It's hard to say how much extra load it would put on the server if they gave more of the data (pulling entire brackets would be foolish, so probably 10 spots at a time), if it's even 2% more overall, it probably wouldn't be worth it - it serves no purpose other than to satisfy curiosity.
  • it might be nice to get a view of the people gunning for me if I'm say, in the top 10 and I'm waiting for someone like Nemek to unshield so I can get him to show up in my queue. I see what happens when Nemek unshields and what users are unshielding to hit this new target.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    ^ I see what you did there, bravo.