DDQ Mr. Fantastic (Pool)

Unknown
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
If you could choose one of the two.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• The biggest problem with Mr. F is that the only way to do additional damage is by making useless matches. He is one of if not the worst solo character in the game. Vision's Heavy Density works with every match he makes. So once you get that Blue tile on the board you can actually win with match damage.
  • I don't think there is a single character in the game that would have a harder time one on one against Doom. Mr Fantastic seems purposely built to be completely dominated by Doom, which I still find so weird and hard to get my head around. Especially as Mr F entered the game a long time after Doom, I get the idea of releasing a new character to counter an existing one but to anti-counter?

Doom with 2 killer moves and another move that feeds ap to one of them. Against such a character the usual strategy is ap denial but with Mr F his only attacking move actually requires that you match pretty much any colour Doom doesn't need. Ridiculous!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is sad, but Vision in a one-vs-one is far better than RR. Red can do some damage to one player without the blue tile out, and with the blue tile out he does 800+ for every match, and you just need 5 blue to put out the countdown. That is so much better than imaginaut. So funnily enough, Vision is quite good in one-vs-one

RR needs a rework, he ONLY works with Carnage, which doesn't make any sense thematically
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Vision is, IMO, one of the best solo characters in the three-star tier and probably the whole game so this is a bit of a crazy question. His blue is super cheap and once on board he does absolutely insane damage if he is there solo and you focus on making lots of matches.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2015
    Vision is, IMO, one of the best solo characters in the three-star tier and probably the whole game so this is a bit of a crazy question. His blue is super cheap and once on board he does absolutely insane damage if he is there solo and you focus on making lots of matches.

Well, the point was to show how a character 3 * is better than a 4 *. In addition, many consider Vision as one of the worst 3 * game and urgently needs to be buffed. The result shows that RR needs a buff and Vision is not as bad as they say. IMO, Vision is in the middle of the table of 3 *.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    vinicius18 wrote:
    Well, the point was to show how a character 3 * is better than a 4 *. In addition, many consider Vision as one of the worst 3 * game and urgently needs to be buffed. The result shows that RR needs a nerf and Vision is not as bad as they say. IMO, Vision is in the middle of the table of 3 *.

Is it even possible to make him worse? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    vinicius18 wrote:

Well, the point was to show how a character 3 * is better than a 4 *. In addition, many consider Vision as one of the worst 3 * game and urgently needs to be buffed. The result shows that RR needs a nerf and Vision is not as bad as they say. IMO, Vision is in the middle of the table of 3 *.
    Vision is an amazing solo character but a mediocre character in a three character team (which is why people don't like him much) so he makes for an abysmal comparison here. But yeah, there's likely about two dozen three-stars that I would've liked better than RR there...
  • madok wrote:
    vinicius18 wrote:

Is it even possible to make him worse? icon_rolleyes.gif

Typo, I meant buff. Excuse me.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    How is this not 100%?

I guess some people just want to see the world burn...