Speeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!

Arctic_One
Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I know that for me, the attraction of Match 3 games has always been they're fast paced. As WAS the case with MPQ. It does seem that there has been a concious effort to slow down the matches. Less cascading, putting out less tiles of a certain color, longer animations and seemingly never-firing countdown tile. Any time spent waiting for my turn is a waste of my time and time for me to get bored.
Just my thoughts.

Comments

• The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Playing against team with Loki. Match-4 comes up in color you need.

d19b24f8fc32891a669891a6545e8d34.jpg
  • YEP !
    longer matches will make a lot of people quit for sure, that's why 5* is killing it for me, get to 800 pts in pvp and I can't even get a match up without one, DONT NEED THAT !! icon_mad.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Longer matches mean more damage to characters, and the need to buy heals and shields. It's all about sales. icon_twisted.gif
  • I´m good with longer matches. As long as I don´t have to wait too long until I´m allowed to make my next move. With all those passives, triggers, countdowns, traps, cascades, multiple AI moves in a row, etc. it takes forever until my next move is executed.

If you play a match with a team without passives you can see how fast the game could be. And should be.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing against team with Loki. Match-4 comes up in color you need.

I always avoid, unless I know I can kill him within the next 3 turns.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Longer matches is a good thing, back in the Sentry bomb days with +6 AP boost a match could take 30 seconds. Which also meant you could get snipped in 30 seconds.

Longer matches makes it possible for a wider variety of viable teams, and that is a good thing both for us the players and the developers.

/z
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I don't mind longer matches, if they are longer because of more hp and heals, not because of animations . I think someone suggested earlier that the animation should only play the first time a power fires and i think thats a good compromise if they don't want to allow us to turn them off all together.
  • zeeke wrote:
    Longer matches is a good thing, back in the Sentry bomb days with +6 AP boost a match could take 30 seconds. Which also meant you could get snipped in 30 seconds.

Longer matches makes it possible for a wider variety of viable teams, and that is a good thing both for us the players and the developers.

/z
    ya but there must be some middle ground 5-8minute matches seems to long and slow for a mobile game, 2-3 minute matches are were we should be at, any longer and they seem to drag on.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    If you end up with 8 minute matches you are doing it wrong
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Griping about the speed of the Loki event is moot. Everyones' matches are slow, so it's a wash.

However, there are still things you can do to help. Personally I did my normal late (3hr) rush to 1k by skipping any team with Hood or Jean Grey. Sure I could have countered Hood with Hood, but that's a detriment to speed. I'm not scared of Jean Grey, but she's especially slow when the AoE stun cause Loki's tiles to trigger it's doublely slow.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Vinmarc43 wrote:
    YEP !
    longer matches will make a lot of people quit for sure, that's why 5* is killing it for me, get to 800 pts in pvp and I can't even get a match up without one, DONT NEED THAT !! icon_mad.gif

Maybe I'm doing something right(wrong?), but I rarely see a 5* right now. And I push 1300-1500 in most events.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    zeeke wrote:
    If you end up with 8 minute matches you are doing it wrong

Unless you have turned each match into a drinking game. Then you are doing it right.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor PvP isn't much better since a level 290 Thor has 17,599 health.

And I see more 5*s early in PvPs since people use them to clear the seed nodes. I almost never see them when I'm climbing from 700 to 1000.