Reduce Leveling Costs for PVP Featured Character.

I hope I'm not duplicating an idea here. I hope I searched sufficiently enough. Anywho...

How about reducing the leveling cost of the active PVP event main character (perhaps by 50%) but only while you are enrolled in a shard in said PVP event.

Benefits for Players:
- helps transitioning players boost their rosters in much needed areas
- encourages PVP play
- by having a larger vested interest in PVP, the contestant pool gets larger, and therefore a commensurate increase in more diverse (balanced?) pools/shards.
- new characters get developed quicker, and allows the player base to better mitigate the demands of a growing number of characters.
- less popular characters see increased interest, as their cost of improvement is lower.

Benefits for D3:
- Increased interest in purchases of event tokens/HP. Players are more likely to buy covers, event related tokens, ISO, if the value for these is increased for a short period (especially if it is a personal or game-wide favorite).
- Increased interest in roster diversity means more roster slots purchased.
- Tight window of small changes allows for closer monitoring of statistics (money makers, popular vs. unpopular characters, nerfs/buffs)
- Players are discouraged from last-minute adds to events, as their window for leveling is shorter.
- Tighter control of ISO8 economy vs. game-wide level cost adjustments.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I do feel like a number of changes are made with either the intent or the side-effect of diminishing the value of hoarding resources, so this seems like a reasonable concept. The discount wouldn't even need to be substantial; even a 5-10% reduction in the cost for the feature would prompt lots of people to give levels to a character they weren't normally prioritizing.