What is the real end-game?

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Today I hit one of my long-term goals from back when I started the game almost 2 years ago. I have almost every character in the game (missing Phoenix), and all 1*, 2* and 3*s are fully and optimally covered (except for one, but he's due in DDQ in two weeks, so it's just a matter of time.)

I have all 4*s and am well on my way to getting those fully covered, thanks to some of the Legendary Tokens (I haven't missed a PVE one yet) as well as a DDQ here and there, plus the new Command Points.

This is not a post about broken components of the game.

This is a question of what is next?

Other than gaining ISO, participating in any PVE or PVP will only yield me a required 4* if I place in the top 2 (which I've never actually done).

For anyone else in the same position I am in, is it just filling out those 4* covers, or are there specific challenges that you assign yourselves?

Thanks!

Comments

• I guess here you are.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    They keep adding new characters as a solution to having no end game, but what they really need is to develop new content. I think a new solo multi-chapter story line like Dark Reign would benefit the game greatly. Add some new villains, base it off secret invasion or Infinity, something cosmic with Thanos as the ultimate villain.

Either that or allow players the option to reset the prologue and play it over again for all the rewards to help with the iso shortage.
  • 20 iso is the end game. Congratulations, if you read this you win icon_lol.gif

In reality it's hard to say what exactly the end game is. The line is pushed further everyday.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    10-41040_2_zpskblmantd.jpg
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that answer is different for everyone. once your 4s are appreciably finished, getting that 10% to hit is all that's left and grinding pve and chasing cp - really loses its effort/reward ratio at that point. I'm almost far enough along where I might consider not playing non-release pve but not quite yet (already did that once before they intro'ed LTs). i'll play most non 7-days to the LT still. starting to see dupe pulls in my 4*s though and that will only increase.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:
    This is a question of what is next?
    This video sums it up nicely. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GGMN-RoMo4
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was simultaneously cathartic and horifying to watch.

But that was certainly an old video! Bullseye before his green and season 3! What a blast from the past!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Player perspective: you get bored, get a life, and quit.
    Developer perspective: The player goes bankrupt after spending all their money on the game. Ideally:

DZfqPlk.jpg
  • The game problem is the high randomness of the game. You can be highly competent and have a rooster worse than a casual gamer if you have no luck and it has. There are two options: either the vast majority are very unlucky or there is some manipulation in the distribution of tokens.

LT could help in the 4 * transition but does not do that. Thus there is no reason to play pve just to get CP or LT progression of reward. The same goes for 1.3K in pvp. Top 2 pve is very stressful and spends much time besides not guarantee the reward. First in pvp is for superwhales.

The only challenge that remains in the game is DDQ 4 *. When it is not a dispute for whales _ RR, FalCap, Dino_ it may be a challenge as Kingpin, Jean Grey and Elektra.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    Player perspective: you get bored, get a life, and quit.
    Developer perspective: The player goes bankrupt after spending all their money on the game. Ideally:

DZfqPlk.jpg

Like that! icon_lol.gif
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    10-41040_2_zpskblmantd.jpg

^This all day.