No DDQ4 TUs isn't helping

simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I know people were begging you guys to take out TUs from the DDQ4 battle, but after doing a couple without them, I can say that it's actually making things harder. As long as it's not a ridiculously strong ability, I'd much rather have the AI chasing TUs instead of colors that are going to be far, far more damaging. I also love it when the AI keeps chasing TUs even after firing it off. I'd be totally fine if they got put back.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I know people were begging you guys to take out TUs from the DDQ4 battle, but after doing a couple without them, I can say that it's actually making things harder. As long as it's not a ridiculously strong ability, I'd much rather have the AI chasing TUs instead of colors that are going to be far, far more damaging. I also love it when the AI keeps chasing TUs even after firing it off. I'd be totally fine if they got put back.

Can't tell if you're trolling or not.. considering the ire that was present when the AI has a team-up...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see what he's trying to say.

Yeah, the TU's were unfair and helped the AI, but it did lend a certain predictability to the AI since they seem to prioritize TU tiles over needed colors.

With no TUs present, the AI rarely chooses those tiles, thus making it harder to deny colors.

However... I'm not saying to bring them back, either....
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Reed vs. Doom really the best one to judge this on, considering how feeble Reed is on his own?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    It just needs a complete overhaul. This is meant for people trying to build their 4 stars, but if your 4 star is barely cover then it's pointless to even try. Probably only two that would work with one cover is IW and PX for their invisibility.

I get this should be a competitive event, but if you've got 90% of the 4 star characters on your roster (I consider that to mean you're a 4 star transitioner) then it should be an event that once a week you could at least have a shot at.

Turn it into a seven-eight wave big enchilada where you use the selected 4 star and pick two teammates. Give a cover for that 4 star if you win. Competitive, but reasonably fair.

Grinding PVEs and slowly building CP for LTs isn't helping build up 4 stars when 1) new 4 and 5 stars are constantly being introduced, and 2) Adding 5 stars kills you're ability to compete in PVP

"Is Reed vs. Doom really the best one to judge this on, considering how feeble Reed is on his own?"

I think it's the perfect example of why 4DDQ isn't working.
  • simonsez
    Malcrof wrote:
    Can't tell if you're trolling or not.. considering the ire that was present when the AI has a team-up...
    I'm being serious. Tired of getting my **** kicked when Moonstone and Doom spend the whole match collecting purple, instead of useless matches.

Sure, getting rid of them seemed like a good idea that would help us, but from my experience, it's made the AI much tougher to deal with.
  • simonsez
    Jarvind wrote:
    Is Reed vs. Doom really the best one to judge this on, considering how feeble Reed is on his own?
    I agree, this match shouldn't be representative of anything, but if the AI is chasing TUs instead of purples, my matches would definitely be lasting longer. Even if he used a TU, so what? Purple's going to one-shot me no matter how much health I have left.
  • Enoc99
    Enoc99 Posts: 141
    Ultimate solution:

I think that they should just allow us to bring our own team-ups, just restrict it to other 4* character team-ups.

Then, if you have a strong enough 4* on your own, you can just win. If you don't, the weaker character has help from their team to overcome the challenge. Furthermore, your alliance can help contribute team-ups to help out. It becomes a group effort with everyone overall gaining more ground towards earning 4*s.

Even with team-ups, the very weak (1-3 covers) will still likely lose, as they will die before getting enough team-up AP to win. With only 4* team-ups allowed, whales can't be used for insta-win.
  • smkspy wrote:
    It just needs a complete overhaul. This is meant for people trying to build their 4 stars, but if your 4 star is barely cover then it's pointless to even try.

I get this should be a competitive event, but if you've got 90% of the 4 star characters on your roster (I consider that to mean you're a 4 star transitioner) then it should be an event that once a week you could at least have a shot at.
    Doesn't that mean that 10% of the time you shouldn't have a shot at it? I would wager Mr. F is part of that 10% for even most 4* players.
  • smkspy
    smkspy wrote:
    It just needs a complete overhaul. This is meant for people trying to build their 4 stars, but if your 4 star is barely cover then it's pointless to even try.

Doesn't that mean that 10% of the time you shouldn't have a shot at it? I would wager Mr. F is part of that 10% for even most 4* players.

I mean it, as if you've got the majority of 4 stars. Just like the 3 star, if you don't have that day's character then you don't have a shot at the cover. So people with the majority of the 3 stars enough to participate a few days out of the week the BE is meant for them. Why shouldn't that apply to people with the majority of 4 stars even if they're barely covered.
  • I think what it is, is that Mr. Fantastic is just terrible. My alliance mate even leveled him up to 190 and still cant beat him. Im pretty sure if you JG last daily, you had no problem with it. I already had him at level 140 3/3/5 Not gonna level him up anymore just to try n beat doom. Dont wanna waste my iso and who knows prolly still wont be able to beat him after I level him more. I say wait for next daily and see if you still feel the same.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    It just needs a complete overhaul. This is meant for people trying to build their 4 stars, but if your 4 star is barely cover then it's pointless to even try. Probably only two that would work with one cover is IW and PX for their invisibility.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is a false premise you're building your argument on. I'm not sure I'm not hallucinating, but I do recall a Red Name stating that the new Taco node was aimed at giving people more chances to build their 5* characters.

It does explain why there are so many complaints that there is no obvious bridge between the 3* and 4* level.
  • smkspy
    El Satanno wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken, this is a false premise you're building your argument on. I'm not sure I'm not hallucinating, but I do recall a Red Name stating that the new Taco node was aimed at giving people more chances to build their 5* characters.

It does explain why there are so many complaints that there is no obvious bridge between the 3* and 4* level.

Helping build five starts by offering the chance at an extra LT every week that doesn't guarantee a 5 star with an impossible battle if your character isn't 6-9 covered already. Going by what you're saying, the devs don't even know the purpose of the node.
  • simonsez
    He shouldn't be if you have 12 or 13 covers for him.
  • El Satanno
    smkspy wrote:
    Helping build five starts by offering the chance at an extra LT every week that doesn't guarantee a 5 star with an impossible battle if your character isn't 6-9 covered already. Going by what you're saying, the devs don't even know the purpose of the node.

Hey, I'm not saying it's done well, just that that is the intent. Your argument holds no water if you've built it on false premises.
  • El Satanno wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

Hey, I'm not saying it's done well, just that that is the intent. Your argument holds no water if you've built it on false premises.
    Which he has. Before LTs were announced the Devs mentioned a new addition to DDQ that would allow players to build their 4* rosters - designed to help transition from 3* -> 4*. That is NOT how DDQ4 was implemented. Upon the introduction of LTs and 5* characters the decision was made to have the new 4* DDQ node be much more challenging - meant for solid 4* players to continue to progress.
  • El Satanno
    Which he has. Before LTs were announced the Devs mentioned a new addition to DDQ that would allow players to build their 4* rosters - designed to help transition from 3* -> 4*. That is NOT how DDQ4 was implemented. Upon the introduction of LTs and 5* characters the decision was made to have the new 4* DDQ node be much more challenging - meant for solid 4* players to continue to progress.

Maybe my brain is getting mushier, but I don't recall ever seeing a Red Name say anything about the new Taco Thing being a plan to help the 3* > 4* move. In fact, I believe it is only the community that has come up with that claim. We all want so much for it to be the case that we've collectively decided that that was the situation.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    El Satanno wrote:

Maybe my brain is getting mushier, but I don't recall ever seeing a Red Name say anything about the new Taco Thing being a plan to help the 3* > 4* move. In fact, I believe it is only the community that has come up with that claim. We all want so much for it to be the case that we've collectively decided that that was the situation.

Lets say that that's true (i have no idea either way), are we then allowed to discuss the asinine decision to add to ddq a node designed for 4*->5* transitioners BEFORE adding a a ddq node for 3*->4* transitioners? icon_e_smile.gif
  • El Satanno
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Lets say that that's true (i have no idea either way), are we then allowed to discuss the asinine decision to add to ddq a node designed for 4*->5* transitioners BEFORE adding a a ddq node for 3*->4* transitioners? icon_e_smile.gif

Wouldn't that just make too much sense? icon_e_wink.gif
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    [...] I'd much rather have the AI chasing TUs instead of colors that are going to be far, far more damaging. I also love it when the AI keeps chasing TUs even after firing it off. I'd be totally fine if they got put back.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't AI always prioritizing color matches over TUs?
    I was pretty sure that AI will not match TUs until there are color matches on the board.
  • simonsez
    smoq84 wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't AI always prioritizing color matches over TUs?
    I was pretty sure that AI will not match TUs until there are color matches on the board.
    No, you're very wrong on that.