What happened to finding a solution for character slots?

Xenoberyll
Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Imho 1k per slot is way too expensive. Especially since 4 and 5 stars are coming at an increased pace and with no hope of having them usable in reasonable time unless you're whaling hard. That means you roster them to have them with hope to slowly grow them but ISO and covers are never enough to catch up with the pace. i'd have hoped there would be a better solution to this by now.

It's been a while since i saw any complaint about Slots being too expensive. Has the 1k per Slot really pacified everybody? Is there no urgency to come up with something satisfying?

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think maybe because we've settled for 1k being acceptable. And honestly if you're at the point where your slots cost 1k, you are doing it wrong if you can't handle that.
  • i have given up my hopes for this a long time ago.
    Apparantly most of their income comes from selling roster slots, so it is unlikely that they will change the system.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    A combo of the majority complaints turning to other topics (largely the LTs and 4* transition) and the fact that they've been upfront about roster costs (Ice has said they're big earners and he wouldn't expect to see changes any time soon). I think they would be surprised at how far a little transparency can go.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    1k cap was announced and everyone just rolled over and took it, otherwise "this too shall pass" came into effect.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ was the solution to everything, remember? It even cured my cancer.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can live with 1000K slots, but how a simple $5 1000HP option just if you need one slot would be nice. I hate that I have to spend $20 if I only have 300 HP and need to roster someone. And concerning the 2900 $20 option, just make it an even 3000 so it'll be 3 guaranteed roster slots.

But if roster slots are gonna stay 1000HP, then iso rewards need to be drastically increased especially in events.

Let's look at the Hulk event

500 progress- 100 iso
    7400 250 iso
    10800 2 star cover = 250 iso
    14500 250 iso
    19000 recruit cover two or three star (if lucky four)= 500 iso max
    23500 250 iso
    29000 250 iso
    34000 500 iso
    40000 50 hero points
    46000 500 iso
    52000 3 star cover or 500 iso
    57000 1000 iso
    63500 25 HP (why the drop?)
    71000 token
    79000 2000

Those rewards are just cheap and paltry for all the work that is put into PVEs.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Is anyone else actually having a problem affording roster slots? I'm up to 69 now (next will cost 900) and I have every 3*, all 4*s except for 2, 4 2*s, Juggernaut, and an open slot for whatever the 2* essential is. I have 6725HP sitting in reserve.

Don't get me wrong, I remember what it's like fretting over whether or not I can afford a slot for that shiny new character I've got pending. It's just that ever since I was able to roster all of the 3*s, I haven't had an issue with having enough HP for another roster slot when the next character is released.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:
    Is anyone else actually having a problem affording roster slots? I'm up to 69 now (next will cost 900) and I have every 3*, all 4*s except for 2, 4 2*s, Juggernaut, and an open slot for whatever the 2* essential is. I have 6725HP sitting in reserve.

Don't get me wrong, I remember what it's like fretting over whether or not I can afford a slot for that shiny new character I've got pending. It's just that ever since I was able to roster all of the 3*s, I haven't had an issue with having enough HP for another roster slot when the next character is released.

I've got all 3 stars and yes, I'm having trouble with roster spots. Up to 900 also, with 71 spots now. I'm two- well 3 with Chulk from having all 4 stars. Juggernaut as my only 1 star, and 9 two stars. I could sell some of my twos, sure, but I've got them all level 94 and they're often powered up characters. I'd like to even roster some of the two and one stars I no longer have, but there is always the priority of that new character that got to get slotted in because he'll eventually be in the LT draw pull.

I just can't get the HP to keep up whenever a new character comes along every two weeks to add. Don't get me wrong, got a decently flow of HP from PVE and alliance rewards, but with two 5 stars PVP is no longer an option for me until I can level my remaining 3 stars and get covers for my 4 stars.

I'm really boxed in because I either need more iso, more covers, or more HPs. No paying for iso, nor HP for covers. Don't mind the occasional purchase for roster slots, just the need for a new one is outpacing my ability to collect enough HP in time at such a high level.
  • El Satanno
    smkspy wrote:
    I just can't get the HP to keep up whenever a new character comes along every two weeks to add. Don't get me wrong, got a decently flow of HP from PVE and alliance rewards, but with two 5 stars PVP is no longer an option for me until I can level my remaining 3 stars and get covers for my 4 stars.

I'm really boxed in because I either need more iso, more covers, or more HPs. No paying for iso, nor HP for covers. Don't mind the occasional purchase for roster slots, just the need for a new one is outpacing my ability to collect enough HP in time at such a high level.

Like I said above, if you're not getting the HP to keep up with slots, you're doing something very wrong. Assuming you can hit all the progs for both PvP and PvE, those alone will get you beyond 2k so that you can slot both new characters that are released.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    El Satanno wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

Like I said above, if you're not getting the HP to keep up with slots, you're doing something very wrong. Assuming you can hit all the progs for both PvP and PvE, those alone will get you beyond 2k so that you can slot both new characters that are released.

Is that after shielding?
  • El Satanno
    MajinDavid wrote:
    Is that after shielding?

No, but that's a rather subjective variable. I can say that until quite recently, like the last 3 months, my competition PvP team was all 3*. I was able to hit 900 without any shields whatsoever in every event. It's not hard. If you have all the 3* characters ready to go as OP has said, then it should be a non-issue. Hence my initial reply.