Suggestion: Cumulative PVP Progression Points

TheWerebison
TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
Gonna throw out a suggestion. I admit, this is for filthy casuals like me.

So, there's PVE and PVP. And in each of those, there is progression and there is placement. PVE progression rewards can be won fairly easily with a couple hours a day. Pretty casual friendly. Placement is typically dominated by the folks who grind hard and can put in the most effort to get the greatest rewards. They earn progression AND placement. And I'm not hating on them for it, they deserve that. I'm happy with being able to get progression rewards and (usually) getting something that will progress my game further.

Over to PVP. Placement is usually earned by the people with the decked out, tried and true rosters, who have plenty of hp for shields and (let's just admit it) Alliance mates to help. It is very, very competitive. Which is fine. Then there's progression...which, strangely, is also basically competitive. Nothing is more frustrating in the game than climbing to a great height only, through no fault or ability of your own, to be yanked back down multiple levels by a cadre of ropes (or tentacles, whatever you fancy) all wrapping around you at the same time. Your goal is within reach...and then you're shot down.

I would like to propose a friendlier, less frustrating experience to PVP progression: cumulative points. You start up a PVP and fight a seed team. Your placement points: 37. Your progression points: 37. You get up to 500 points, then have to go to work. Come back home. You've been attacked 3 times. Your placement points: 457. Your progression points: 500. Imagine that the people who can't be super competitive can still have a goal to work toward, while the people fighting to be on top will still be on top and get all the rewards.

Obviously, for something like this, you would have to increase the progression points required pretty well. I'm sure you folks have the data on what an achievable goal would be.

The points you earn from a victory will still be based on placement points: if you fight someone with a lot more points than you, you get more points than fighting someone lower. All you need for the progression rewards is a simple bean counter.

I'm sure I'll catch flak for this. I'll be told I should stop begging for handouts and all that. But I believe this to be a truly fair system, as far as progression is concerned. There will be less rage about the unfairness of being at 900 points, winning 2 fights, then doing that 3rd fight to hit 1000, and the cascade of points lost comes in. You try a 4th fight to make up for it, and lose 3 times as many points. And from that point, it's all downhill. It's frustrating. It's awful. You don't even want to win, you just want to hit that one goal, but you can't.

All I ask is that you consider it.