The max-level button should be replaced

throvolos
throvolos Posts: 49
In the Training window, when you are trying to level up a character, you have two choices.

1) Slowly level up the character one level at a time (Holding down the button)
2) Instantly level up your character to the maximum allowed (based on the number of covers you have).

I never have, not once, used the second button.

It would be nice to have a different button instead.
Where you can either
A) Level up your character 5 levels at a time with the push of a button (assuming you have the ISO of course icon_mrgreen.gif )
B) Level up your character with all of your available ISO, even if that gives you a partial level.

I personally like #A a lot more than #B. I would actually use A. A lot.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like A. I never spend all my iso. Don't know why, my brain must think it's a bank account. So I'd never use the "spend all my iso" button.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    throvolos wrote:
    In the Training window, when you are trying to level up a character, you have two choices.

1) Slowly level up the character one level at a time (Holding down the button)
    2) Instantly level up your character to the maximum allowed (based on the number of covers you have).

I never have, not once, used the second button.

Then I'm going to have to go ahead and assume you're new here or are keeping your chars soft cap'd? Because I have used the max level button for everyone of my 3*s, going from lvl 120 to max (once covered how I want them). The option to lvl up an arbitrary number of levels sounds nice, but what if I want to take a char to lvl 122, or 221 (anything not a multiple of 5) for reasons (like tanking) with your buttons that's no longer an option.

I would like to see some additional options for levelling chars, as going from 40->120 1 lvl at a time is annoying and boring, similarly for my 4*s, once they have enough covers they sit at 120 too, but I don't think what's presented here is a solution.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    It doesn't even have to be 5 levels at once. After holding down the 'Level Up' button for god-knows-how-long, I would kill for a 'Level Up by 1 Level' button.
    Then at least I'd only have to click it once and not waste my days holding down the button to watch the bar increase ever so slowly
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Wouldn't it just be easier the have a couple of plus buttons and a counter box?

Like +1 / +5 / +10. and then a box to tell you how many levels you've pressed? So if pressed each of those options once it'd be +16....

Just wondering, is all.
  • I agree with inputting how many levels you want to raise. I don't know of a reason other than reasons but I keep my 3*s at 94 because none of them are fully covered yet and I'm afraid it'll screw up other stuff. When they're sitting at 70ish and I get 3 covers from a pvp, now they can go to 112 or something and I can't just max upgrade I have to hold for minutes.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    taking out the filling bar and giving a +1 and a +5 along side the max button would be wonderful and can't be that hard to do.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought the level up button in this game was bad until I played MtG Puzzle Quest. Imagine if the bar didn't stop filling up after the character went up a level...