Terrible Customer Support -

FaustianDeal
FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
I had a weak internet connection over the holiday, but struggled through it to hit some progression targets for PVP. At several points following a connection loss progression prizes that I had earned disappeared from my inventory.

When I submitted a CS ticket to ask for the lost prizes to be restored, the response I received was "play on a better connection".

This is not an acceptable response.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did you have screenshots of any of the prizes?
  • FaustianDeal
    I had a similar issue last Thanksgiving (gotta love Yosemite internet) and didn't need screenshots then - so I didn't take them this time.

As an example though - I can prove that I scored over 1300 in the Captain Marvel event - so when I say I only wound up with 2 event tokens that is obviously 1 short of what I should have had when that event ended.
  • FaustianDeal
    I'm also curious though:
    The server controls the matches. If I fail to beat the AI as my turn ends I am not able to retreat to avoid downing characters, because the server knows how the next AI turn ended even if I didn't stick around to watch it. (I lost points too.) So why doesn't the server know what rewards I have earned? How does a client-side burp goof that up but not other things?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm also curious though:
    The server controls the matches. If I fail to beat the AI as my turn ends I am not able to retreat to avoid downing characters, because the server knows how the next AI turn ended even if I didn't stick around to watch it. (I lost points too.) So why doesn't the server know what rewards I have earned? How does a client-side burp goof that up but not other things?
    Matches are conducted client-side.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    I had a weak internet connection over the holiday, but struggled through it to hit some progression targets for PVP. At several points following a connection loss progression prizes that I had earned disappeared from my inventory.

When I submitted a CS ticket to ask for the lost prizes to be restored, the response I received was "play on a better connection".

This is not an acceptable response.

Just took a look at the OP's Support ticket history. If that was precisely what occurred it would not be acceptable. However, Support never said "play on a better connection" in the rude manner implied (along with the thread title "Terrible Customer Support.")

Support apologized politely and stated:

"Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Unfortunately, we are unable to restore the rewards that may have been lost while on low connectivity. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience, but we ask that you play the game on a stable and reliable internet connection in order to prevent the issue from occurring again. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience."

A somewhat more polite and informative response than what was listed as a quote. In addition, the OP was actually provided with the missing prizes in the end as a courtesy. That seems like fairly decent CS.
  • FaustianDeal
    I did want to update the thread to say that the rewards were provided. Yes, the rewards were restored. It took, I believe, 6 responses in the email exchange. Meaningful help was rendered, but it took a little arm twisting. I might be willing to upgrade the title of the thread to "Fairly Decent CS". But I might also have even gone higher if it hadn't taken half a dozen emails for it to be resolved.

I strongly encourage you to revise the scripts you have provided to your support people to give them the flexibility to do more than 'politely apologize' when things go awry. The evolution of your CS scripts is not progressing in what I would call a positive direction.

I suffered a similar outage last year, almost identical circumstances. (And yes I am going to paraphrase the responses)
    Last year's response: "We're sorry you lost rewards; please send us a summary of the rewards you believe were lost."
    This year's response: "'We're sorry you lost rewards, but we can't do anything about it."

Even through my obvious editorial slant, the trajectory is clear. The response I got last year was very encouraging, and helped enhance my loyalty to the product. The response I got this year wasn't as reaffirming.

Thank you for restoring my lost rewards. I'm still hopeful that you reverse course on your CS scripts so that it isn't so difficult for your CS reps to be helpful to people who are having a bumpy experience.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Thank you for restoring my lost rewards. I'm still hopeful that you reverse course on your CS scripts so that it isn't so difficult for your CS reps to be helpful to people who are having a bumpy experience.

Thanks for the response. There's definitely room for improvements in our CS scripts and the like. Noted!

-Hi-Fi