***** Galactus (Devourer of Worlds) *****

Options
OzarkBoatswain
OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
edited December 2015 in MPQ Character Discussion
Great Machines - blue passive
Devourer of Worlds - purple passive
Cosmic Wrath - 28 AP black

In the new Chulk event, the purple passive says it gains 1 AP in every color, but they changed its effect to only generate black AP.

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    In the new Chulk event, the purple passive says it gains 1 AP in every color, but they changed its effect to only generate black AP.
    Actually, that's a bug. It should still be all AP. That'll be fixed in tomorrow's daily patch.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options
    T'was interesting to me that Galactus now has a star-rating and cover, neither of which existed during his Anniversary appearance. Does this mean he could possibly be released as a 5* down the road? (If not, I wonder why they'd go to the effort of adding those when he could very well just stay as-is as a boss encounter only)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    T'was interesting to me that Galactus now has a star-rating and cover, neither of which existed during his Anniversary appearance. Does this mean he could possibly be released as a 5* down the road? (If not, I wonder why they'd go to the effort of adding those when he could very well just stay as-is as a boss encounter only)
    Boss encounters are implemented differently than a "standard" encounter. Standard encounters require the extra stuff, so they were added. Nothing ulterior there really, just technical requirements to use him in a normal node.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options

I don't think anyone wants to fight an Iron Fist/Galactus combo ever.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Boss encounters are implemented differently than a "standard" encounter. Standard encounters require the extra stuff, so they were added. Nothing ulterior there really, just technical requirements to use him in a normal node.

Thanks for the clarification! (And for the record, I'd love to see Gorgon and Ultron Prime get released someday now that the 5* tier exists)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    unless buffed, UP would be the weakest 4* of the bunch and probably not close. the red is a joke. loved his relative low power when playing against him but if i have to roster and field him, please make him worth it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He'd depend 100% on team composition, but his passive with the right allies would be incredible. Him, Blade and Iron Fist? I'll skip that every time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just remember his dupe tiles being very, very weak. sure theres a ton of them eventually but they still do next to nothing. unless they dupe at comparable levels to the original (ouch for hb black, sentry yellow, blade purple, fist's passive, etc), what I remember still underwhelmed me.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IIRC when the Ultron Gauntlet paired him with Luke Cage his copies were identical to Luke's original protect tiles. When he's teamed with sentries he's just cloning their weak-**** tiles.
  • binarypillbug
    Options
    IIRC when the Ultron Gauntlet paired him with Luke Cage his copies were identical to Luke's original protect tiles. When he's teamed with sentries he's just cloning their weak-**** tiles.

No, he definately duplicated weaker tiles at some point after that.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No, he definately duplicated weaker tiles at some point after that.
    Stop discussing bugs in the players' favor! What, you want D3 to fix it?