L Tokens System needs to be fixed, please comment

VA5
VA5 Posts: 66
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I just cashed in 2 L tokens today and received 2 characters I had fully covered. Other than the Deadpool battle, L tokens represent a sizable commitment in time and / or real money. It is very disappointing after playing PVP for several days to be rewarded with a cover you have and get a whopping 1000 ISO.

I will not talk on the widely experienced "funny" probabilities involved. If only Starlord and Invisible Woman were Epic it would be a great system.

My solution is simple. After a draw the player has a choice to re-draw for the cost of 100 hero points. This system can be repeated until the player confirms their pick. All draws after the initial one will NOT have the possibility of getting an Epic character so it will preserve the rareness of them.

If anyone has any other ideas please post. Developers please read. As the system is now it does not work for mid to high level four rosters who are the primary aquirers of L tokens.

Thanks

Comments

• In my opinion it should have double reward both in pve as pvp.

I will explain via pvp because the score is the same in all events: Upon reaching 1300 points should have a 4 * token event and legendary token. You could choose one of two rewards.

Every day I play less mainly because I know that my efforts will be in vain. I will not waste my time to win 1k iso being the main reward of the event.

That would be good for beginners because they would have no problems with range of 5 *;
    Whales for 5 *;
    Unlucky players like me who just get repeated covers or with little use.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sales of HP to get bonus Command Points to buy Legendary Tokens are generating Scrooge McDuck money bin levels of cash.

There's no possible change that generates equal (or more) money AND has better odds for players.

The two solutions are to quit playing or start buying. I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but sometimes that's just how life rolls.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Sales of HP to get bonus Command Points to buy Legendary Tokens are generating Scrooge McDuck money bin levels of cash.

There's no possible change that generates equal (or more) money AND has better odds for players.

The two solutions are to quit playing or start buying. I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but sometimes that's just how life rolls.

Stop playing is the option. And many think that way if only consider this way.
    1° Why would I pay to get an LT only get what does not interest me?
    2 ° If it is just to pay for 5 *, because I would maximize 3 * and 4 *? With two 5 * maximized I do not need anything else to get an excellent rating in pvp. As a result, unspent HP to maximize 4 * nor Iso both 3 * and for the 4 *.

It's a mindset quite lucrative in the short term but in the long run is horrible. There would have to launch several 5 * as you do today with the 4 *. This would cause only the whales play pvp and who have time plays pve. The rest would come out of the game. I bet most of the profits come from PvP play. So it would be a great loss of revenue to the withdrawal of these players.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    VA5 wrote:
    My solution is simple. After a draw the player has a choice to re-draw for the cost of 100 hero points. This system can be repeated until the player confirms their pick.
    This would lead to some epic "I only have half the 4*s covered, but it took me THIRTY_EIGHT redraws just to get ONE COVER I don't have. And it was a Falcrap red!!" rants.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    VA5 wrote:
    My solution is simple. After a draw the player has a choice to re-draw for the cost of 100 hero points. This system can be repeated until the player confirms their pick.
    This would lead to some epic "I only have half the 4*s covered, but it took me THIRTY_EIGHT redraws just to get ONE COVER I don't have. And it was a Falcrap red!!" rants.

or, would lead to directly being able to buy 5* covers for very little... , nope, this is a bust.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    VA5 wrote:

or, would lead to directly being able to buy 5* covers for very little... , nope, this is a bust.
    10% draw rate means on average would take 1K hp to get to a 5* - yeah, not gonna happen like that.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:

This.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mal and TxMoose, you guys either skimmed the OP or misread it. He specifically says the initial pull fixes the rarity of it, so re-rolling only gives you other options from that rarity tier. This would probably take a little extra coding work since you're not just opening a new token, but I don't see why it wouldn't be doable. I would personally rather them come up with a better "fix" for the feel bad legendary token problem, but this one is certainly not the worst.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    VA5 wrote:

10% draw rate means on average would take 1K hp to get to a 5* - yeah, not gonna happen like that.
    I believe the OP said "no Epic (meaning 5*) possibility on the redraws".
  • TxMoose
    icon_e_confused.gif constantly guilty of skimming over posts and missing stuff. I'm all for anything that betters the current model. can take many different forms but if nothing else, looking forward to the implementation of 'something' in January.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    mohio wrote:
    Mal and TxMoose, you guys either skimmed the OP or misread it. He specifically says the initial pull fixes the rarity of it, so re-rolling only gives you other options from that rarity tier. This would probably take a little extra coding work since you're not just opening a new token, but I don't see why it wouldn't be doable. I would personally rather them come up with a better "fix" for the feel bad legendary token problem, but this one is certainly not the worst.

yup, only skimmed, my bad.. too many threads about token this and token that these days.. i've become numb to them..

so, what happens if you pull a 5* cover you don't need?
  • TxMoose
    Malcrof wrote:
    so, what happens if you pull a 5* cover you don't need?
    start a dupe like your fellow megawhales. if not a megawhale, thank your lucky stars for your pull luck. either that or come to the forum to whine. that helps too (apparently)
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    A nowhere near comprehensive list of threads where this matter has been brought up and discussed:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34273
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35335
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35717
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36090
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36177