Thanks Demuirge!

Unknown
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I would just like the take the 2 minutes typing this and formally thanks D3Go/Demuirge for making such and entertaining app! I've never spent so much time playing a game and waiting in anticipation each time I open a event cover pack and Deadpool taco regardless if it's another Johnny Blaze 2 star. This game is great and sure it has some "flaws" but at the end of the say you made a 3 match "Bejeweled" Marvel Puzzle Quest game that has me hooked and drooling with the thought of new characters! On second note, I am not sure why "everyone's" post usually complain about the game and get mad because the game isn't favouring them and playing out how they want it to, nobody forces you to play the game. I think if you just sit back and consider the alternative of playing Candy Crush or Bejeweled then I think we can agree that this game is fine just the way it is.

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I agree. I enjoy the game very much.

Some of the complaints are legitimate. Some of the complaints are not. Some seek restitution, some desire change, and some just deal with it. But remember, all the complaints are, in actuality, because we enjoy the game and want it to be more, at least from our own perspective of how it should be.

The game is fun, but not flawless. And I still enjoy my time, otherwise I'd give my time to something else. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I pay a lot, but agree. It is fun!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sense a ringer on the forums.
  • What's a ringer?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree. I enjoy the game very much.

Some of the complaints are legitimate. Some of the complaints are not. Some seek restitution, some desire change, and some just deal with it. But remember, all the complaints are, in actuality, because we enjoy the game and want it to be more, at least from our own perspective of how it should be.

The game is fun, but not flawless. And I still enjoy my time, otherwise I'd give my time to something else. icon_e_smile.gif

That kinda says it all.

it's so odd the people who think the game is fine and needs no changes even come to the forums instead of just playing if they felt that way.

Other companies pay for feedback to improve. it's given here because people care enough to share their insights.
  • That doesn't mean that every post has to be condescending. Sometime you to acknowledge where credit is due. And if the game wasn't "fine" I'm sure alot of people wouldn't play it. I'm not saying the game is perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than most other games and regardless of the flaws and downsides everyone complains about they still end up playing and enjoying it for what it is.
  • I would just like the take the 2 minutes typing this and formally thanks D3Go/Demuirge for making such and entertaining app! I've never spent so much time playing a game and waiting in anticipation each time I open a event cover pack and Deadpool taco regardless if it's another Johnny Blaze 2 star. This game is great and sure it has some "flaws" but at the end of the say you made a 3 match "Bejeweled" Marvel Puzzle Quest game that has me hooked and drooling with the thought of new characters! On second note, I am not sure why "everyone's" post usually complain about the game and get mad because the game isn't favouring them and playing out how they want it to, nobody forces you to play the game. I think if you just sit back and consider the alternative of playing Candy Crush or Bejeweled then I think we can agree that this game is fine just the way it is.

So you're unhappy that people are complaining. But you're complaining about people complaining. By your logic you shouldn't visit the forums and just focus on the game since you think it's perfect, amiright? After all, Nobody forces you to read the forums and acknowledge those who are complaining. Nevermind that quite a lot of forumites are giving constructive criticism on how to improve the game, since you only look at it from the "better than Bejeweled/Candycrush" standpoint. The fact is that no single game is perfect, and tweaks can be made to improve game experience. I personally feel that's a part of why this forum exists: so that players can give their feedback on what they enjoy (like what you're doing now) or what they dislike and can be improved.
    That doesn't mean that every post has to be condescending. Sometime you to acknowledge where credit is due. And if the game wasn't "fine" I'm sure alot of people wouldn't play it. I'm not saying the game is perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than most other games and regardless of the flaws and downsides everyone complains about they still end up playing and enjoying it for what it is.

So now you have a beef with posts being condescending even though not every post is condescending. What if I told you that you are being condescending right now to people who do see it as more than just a match-3 game and want it to be improved further?
    Sure there're people who make snide remarks or all-out rage posts, but this usually occurs when they're in a fit of rage when the game doesn't go their way, like the AI cascading them to death in a single turn, or opening 50 LT's with NIL 5* covers. Sometimes it's just venting, and you can just ignore these posts. But sometimes it might be due to a glitch in the game which might genuinely need a looking at.
    If these people don't "complain", we would never know there was a problem to begin with.
    You're basically saying (and I'm paraphrasing here): "Don't complain (shut up) and enjoy the game. There's absolutely nothing to complain about." The fact that people love the game shows just frustrated they can get because of it. (So the actual problem might be that they're too attached to it.)

You need to look at the issues from both sides of the coin. Your posts are not constructive at all.
  • It's a game play it and have fun. Don't be a harbringer of **** excuses to cry about.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    That doesn't mean that every post has to be condescending.

Maybe later you can come back and read your own posts.
  • TheWerebison
    edited December 2015
    It's a game play it and have fun. Don't be a harbringer of tinykitty excuses to cry about.

The issue with that first sentence is that gaming has changed forever. Now that the internet has become such a big part of people's lives, there are very few games that come out nowadays that are complete. That kinda annoys me, but that's another story.

DLC. Version updates. Hell, some people don't even do a great deal of bug testing because they know they can have the playerbase test it for them and they can update everything with a patch. Nowadays few people just play a game and enjoy it; they expect patches, DLC. They want stuff added and changed. And this is doubly - if not triply or quadruply icon_razz.gif - true for online games. And with the internet, people feel they deserve a bit of say in what should be added or changed.
  • Maybe you can not post next time.
  • TheWerebison
    Maybe you can not post next time.

Works both ways, mate. Another caveat of the internet is that, if you don't want anyone to post a dissenting opinion, don't put one of your own up.

Anyway, I agreed with you that the game is fun. I think most others do, too. As long as you enjoy it, that's the only thing that should matter. icon_e_smile.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    What was the point of this? lol
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    I am totally enjoying this game too by the way. I like the gameplay, the rush of breaking shield, the once in a while luck of getting something really cool out of a random token & the diversity of powers that can be used in so many different situations. The game is deep & ever evolving which is a really good thing.

Within a good & social alliance like Ampersand, it makes it even better. icon_mrgreen.gif

As it was said in the original post, the game is not perfect by any means & can get under your skin sometimes but that is part of the challenge. If it was too easy, everyone would get bored in an instant. I think it is a truly good way to get some time killer entertainment & gaming fun.

So thank you for making this game that I am still playing & enjoying after 455 days!

(Yes, I am getting my 15 Command Points later today as my daily reward, another reason to celebrate! icon_cool.gif )
  • Sorry The werebison! I wasn't replying to you.. you're post was good. The other tinykitty who had to address his opinion to try undermine mine.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate the spirit of the thread, but please keep it civil and on topic
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Sometimes while perusing the forums, one can get the impression that the players are never satisfied or happy with the devs. That's not the case. It is nice to read a mostly-positive thread.

Players really care about this game. Given how much time(or $) they spend on it, it's only natural that they develop strong emotional ties with it. People tend to get carried away when discussing things they care about, especially when it changes. I don't judge them (much, haha) for complaining. Particularly when the complainers have helped create changes that made the game better.

Cheers!