Christmas Presents

Unknown
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just got an update notification, downloaded and when I logged in I saw nice Presents as the Recruit Hero Icon. Thought something special was being offered but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if this is just purely decoration or maybe something coming soon?

Also saw Christmas lights on the main game Icon.

Comments

• we all know when chrismas start(or a week before), not really excited if it just give me a all-new shiny moonstone. . . . .two star
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    We'll be having a holiday event, but we're actually more focused on getting two new story events pushed into the game this month over some kind of holiday blowout. So stuff, yes, but not amazing holiday focused awesomeness. We're leaving that to Amadeus Cho.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    We'll be having a holiday event, but we're actually more focused on getting two new story events pushed into the game this month over some kind of holiday blowout. So stuff, yes, but not amazing holiday focused awesomeness. We're leaving that to Amadeus Cho.

No, no, no, it's not "holiday", it's "Holiday", as all Pastafarians know.
  • IceIX
    Moon Roach wrote:
    No, no, no, it's not "holiday", it's "Holiday", as all Pastafarians know.
    Sorry, I was too busy consulting my pineal gland to capitalize that correctly. Fnord!
  • "More ways to fight the Dark Avengers" "No Cheap stuff, freebies or enticing ways to spend your money..." That what I heard? icon_e_sad.gif
  • iceix. . . . how about give us a tiny clue
  • IceIX
    "More ways to fight the Dark Avengers" "No Cheap stuff, freebies or enticing ways to spend your money..." That what I heard? icon_e_sad.gif
    I didn't say any of that in the slightest. We're just not focusing on "Holiday 2015 2 week long extravaganza that will never be seen or heard from again after this" is all.
  • It's a small thing, but I like how the presents are designed like characters.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

If a HP sale shows up tomorrow.. can it be retro'd to monday?
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Sure, if there is a sale tomorrow it can be retro'd. See I say that because there is no sale tomorrow icon_razz.gif
  • It's a small thing, but I like how the presents are designed like characters.

Is it sad that I kinda want to wrap all my presents that way? icon_lol.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    IceIX wrote:
    "More ways to fight the Dark Avengers" "No Cheap stuff, freebies or enticing ways to spend your money..." That what I heard? icon_e_sad.gif
    I didn't say any of that in the slightest. We're just not focusing on "Holiday 2015 2 week long extravaganza that will never be seen or heard from again after this" is all.

The point is that, when you ( all ) speak, this is what many people hear / read / take from it.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a small thing, but I like how the presents are designed like characters.

I like that too, that iron man package kind of looks like the Staples Easy Button.
    Game updated on Steam...but so far, no holiday spirit has been added.

Just a typical load screen with the current new toys (Cho, GR, Phoenix).

I updated and my loading screen shows regular Hulk, Iceman & Spidey... does Steam have Cho GR and Phoenix??
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

I'm asking way nicely here... Please can we _not_ have the event that rewards a new character spanning Christmas day? As much as I like playing, the holiday season is for spending time with family, friends, and loved ones, and not for sticking my nose into the phone.

Thanks!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I'm asking way nicely here... Please can we _not_ have the event that rewards a new character spanning Christmas day? As much as I like playing, the holiday season is for spending time with family, friends, and loved ones, and not for sticking my nose into the phone.

Thanks!

They stated in the other thread that it will be an Ant-Man style event for Awesome Hulk so there you go.
  • IceIX wrote:

This is probably for the best.

See 2nd Anniversary "Celebration" week

easy...marc