Please remove the 8 hour timer on PvE missions

throvolos
throvolos Posts: 49
I cannot get legendary tokens off of PvE events. EVER.

Why? It has nothing to do with my roster. It has everything to do with scheduling.

I work full-time, actually have to sleep 8 hours, yada yada. I have no more than 2 hours a day to play. I'm being punished because I'm a contributing member of society.

The only way I know of to maximize your points for PvE maps is to hit every mission, every 8 hours, and with an hour or two before the map expires, hit them as many times as you can.

Yet people have 2x more points than me 12 hours before a map expires. How is this possible?

Why can't PvE missions have a set number of points? You do a mission, you get 25% of the total points possible for that mission. Do every mission 4x, you've earned the maximum possible points for that map, and your legendary token is guaranteed if you do that for all of the maps.

I don't understand why we are competing with other people. It's PvE.

I don't understand why we are forced to hit nodes every 8 hours. It's grossly unfair.

I would like to see a drastic overhaul of how points are earned in PvE.

Comments

• BTW, one of my friends quit playing MPQ (except for DDQ, just to keep his foot in the door), because the time commitment for PvE was too much for him. This was after 8 months of him playing PvE every single day, 6+ hours a day.

He refuses to play PvP because its too frustrating, but that's a topic for a different conversation. icon_e_smile.gif
  • throvolos wrote:
    I don't understand why we are forced to hit nodes every 8 hours. It's grossly unfair.

I would like to see a drastic overhaul of how points are earned in PvE.

To be clear, we're obviously not "forced" to do anything. icon_e_biggrin.gif

In order to get a legendary token from PvE however, you are required to hit the nodes every 8 hours.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aside from the Gauntlet, Growth Industry, and the Ultron and Galactus boss battles, "PvE" is actually thinly disguised PvP. You are still competing against other players to collect as many points as you can and get rewarded accordingly. If there was a set amount of points you could get in each node rank rewards would be meaningless.
    I wouldn't be opposed to a system rehaul that removes the rank rewards from PvE, but I don't think that will happen...
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reality is you don't need to hit every 8h to get the token. If you do - for most PVE you will get a token long before the final day is over (but still during the last day). You can do just fine if you grind the early days (let's say day 1 and 2 for 3 days events) when they start and do a couple of clears on the last day. This might not give you good place (or 4* cover if it's released) but the token should be reachable.

What I do is I start the PVE at 23.00 (11 pm if you like) with one clear of all nods (let's say 15-20 minutes). I have another go in the morning before going to work (depending on the PVE but i add boosts if I want it to be below 15 minutes). After that i need one more clear somewhere during the day (one nod here, 2 there, couple over lunch time, etc). If I have time I hit them a bit (the most points or easier nods) before 23.00 and then I do full clear of the new day. I repeat the process on the second day and I get the token around the morning clear of the third day. Reality is I could skip 1-2 clears of the first day in favor of more grind on the last as there are more points awarded. All depends on the time I want to invest.

The current R and G PVE is the first one I will not be getting the token - but with Rider missing I just can't bother (i think it's still possible without one essential but it's a longer grind and I can use time off).
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    throvolos wrote:
    In order to get a legendary token from PvE however, you are required to hit the nodes every 8 hours.
    Untrue
  • simonsez wrote:
    throvolos wrote:
    Untrue

Please explain to me then how it is possible without hitting the nodes every 8 hours?

I have played several PvE events where I have hit all of the nodes every chance I had, and am still 10,000's short of the token.

Event starts at 10pm.
    Hit all of the nodes on map1.
    23hrs later
    9pm hit all of the nodes on map1.
    map1 ends
    map2 begins
    Hit all of the nodes on map2
    23hrs later
    9pm hit all of the nodes on map2.

Etc. This does not work and leaves me 10,000's short of the token.

I'm willing to hear other approaches but this pretty much all I can do. I can't play before or during work.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    throvolos wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    throvolos wrote:
    Untrue

Please explain to me then how it is possible without hitting the nodes every 8 hours?

I have played several PvE events where I have hit all of the nodes every chance I had, and am still 10,000's short of the token.

Event starts at 10pm.
    Hit all of the nodes on map1.
    23hrs later
    9pm hit all of the nodes on map1.
    map1 ends
    map2 begins
    Hit all of the nodes on map2
    23hrs later
    9pm hit all of the nodes on map2.

Etc. This does not work and leaves me 10,000's short of the token.

I'm willing to hear other approaches but this pretty much all I can do. I can't play before or during work.
    You're only showing two "clears" of each map in your example. Three clears are needed, but they do not have to be exactly 8 hours apart. That's only needed if you're aiming for optimal scoring for high placement. To extend your example, you could hit all of the nodes on each map twice in a row when it opens, then come back 23 hours later and hit them again. That should get you very close to the top progression by itself.

Now, to be even-handed, this is just an approximation and scoring was tighter on the Ghost Rider PVE. It also assumes you have all three essential characters. You may need to patch things a bit by hitting some nodes a few extra times to reach the token. With the addition of command points to the final and 4* essential nodes, you have another incentive to grind those nodes anyway.
  • You're only showing two "clears" of each map in your example. Three clears are needed, but they do not have to be exactly 8 hours apart. That's only needed if you're aiming for optimal scoring for high placement. To extend your example, you could hit all of the nodes on each map twice in a row when it opens, then come back 23 hours later and hit them again. That should get you very close to the top progression by itself.

Now, to be even-handed, this is just an approximation and scoring was tighter on the Ghost Rider PVE. It also assumes you have all three essential characters. You may need to patch things a bit by hitting some nodes a few extra times to reach the token. With the addition of command points to the final and 4* essential nodes, you have another incentive to grind those nodes anyway.

Thanks that's a really good idea. REALLY good idea. icon_e_surprised.gif

It never occurred to me to do that, because I was focused on maximizing the points. icon_redface.gif

Yep I know you definitely need all three essentials. The essential nodes are the biggest bang for the buck (points vs difficulty).