Totally Awesome Hulk - New Event?

phoenixrising2791
phoenixrising2791 Posts: 130
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Are we getting a new event for the release of Amadeus Cho? Is this the one D3 is referring to for some new exciting feature? Well, if it is an ordinary event, that ain't a new feature... but if this is somehow like Ant Man's "Growth Industry", that will be somehow a breather from the Hearts of Darkness (ugggghhh!) event. Amadeus Cho for all players! That would be nice to have! (Hot Dog Stand... yum!)

Guaranteed cover for everyone! (Which I suppose is the Hot Dog Stand ability)

P.S. - I hope the new feature allows TRADING of COVERS to your alliances! (Now this is not only a Match 3 RPG, but also a TCG - no, not the TRADING CARD GAME, but the TRADING "COVERS" GAME!)

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Totally Awesome Hulk enters the game at the same time as The Hulk PvE runs again. I suspect that may not be a coincidence.
    Then again, if there's a guaranteed TAHulk cover handed out to everyone I'm not going to complain.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453

Note: I'm not ragging on those complaining, because it is a very valid complaint. I'm ragging on the fact that we grind so hard and spend so much time getting a Legendary token, only to get an unneeded cover

Join the club! Why do you think I'm hoarding LTs (7) and CPs (100+) right now? A fellow alliance mate waits til he gets a dozen and then opens them in one shot (worked beautifully as he got 5* covers from that dozen). I might do something similar myself. icon_lol.gif
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I hope so, Chulk looks pretty cool.
  • I find it easier Human Torch swim and drown Aquaman than they give a Chucky's cover for everyone.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are we getting a new event for the release of Amadeus Cho? Is this the one D3 is referring to for some new exciting feature? Well, if it is an ordinary event, that ain't a new feature... but if this is somehow like Ant Man's "Growth Industry", that will be somehow a breather from the Hearts of Darkness (ugggghhh!) event. Amadeus Cho for all players! That would be nice to have! (Hot Dog Stand... yum!)

Guaranteed cover for everyone! (Which I suppose is the Hot Dog Stand ability)

P.S. - I hope the new feature allows TRADING of COVERS to your alliances! (Now this is not only a Match 3 RPG, but also a TCG - no, not the TRADING CARD GAME, but the TRADING "COVERS" GAME!)

like to know to cause they said before they wold never release a 4 star on a 7 day event and hulk is 7 days...

they also said i think in the past you would never see Trading of covers (player A joins we are insane and buys 5000 tokens and opens them, they then give those covers to other players in their group and then disputes the charge the players would complain they would have to give them back cause they did nothing wrong.. SO you will never see trading of covers.

i still say the new feature has something to do with selling covers for CP or some sort of crafting system (trade 10 2 stars for 1 3 star ect)
  • Acratin
    Acratin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    From the recent interview:
    As well, Amadeus is going to be getting his own special event where you can earn him, coming hot off the heels of our newest story event, Hearts of Darkness! Here you’ll get to witness Cho trying to upstage our friends Wolverine, Daredevil, and Punisher as he attempts to retrieve the souls of Mountfort that they were unable to save. So not only does he get a “standard” release into our game, but he’s also smashing his way in with a continuation of our storyline!
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor

I can never see MPQ implementing any sort of cover exchange between any users. The amount of super-alliance mercing sure to follow for cover farming to make sure every player in their 20+ affiliate alliances is whaled out would be ridiculous and eliminate the need to buy any HP/packs in order to power level their characters to the correct builds. Cover exchange in any form other than for ISO would be revenue reducing. Why do you think there is such an ISO shortage or why it makes no economic sense to buy ISO directly? It is the only game currency that D3 can afford to give away for free in the limited amount it does without affecting their revenue stream adversely.
  • slidecage wrote:

like to know to cause they said before they wold never release a 4 star on a 7 day event and hulk is 7 days...

Do you know when/where this was said? I see people reference it all the time, but never seen the actual quote.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Acratin wrote:
    As well, Amadeus is going to be getting his own special event where you can earn him, coming hot off the heels of our newest story event, Hearts of Darkness! Here you’ll get to witness Cho trying to upstage our friends Wolverine, Daredevil, and Punisher as he attempts to retrieve the souls of Mountfort that they were unable to save. So not only does he get a “standard” release into our game, but he’s also smashing his way in with a continuation of our storyline!

SO glad to hear this, although I don't know how I missed the interview. Fingers crossed that we get our demon goons this time.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Acratin wrote:

SO glad to hear this, although I don't know how I missed the interview. Fingers crossed that we get our demon goons this time.

@ a Mephisto battle!
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Demon goons with hellspawn-trops! icon_twisted.gif
  • Acratin
    Acratin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I would love to see Cho punching Mephisto in the face. I really want to fight him. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

very lame if you cant beat the ant man event then your not gonig to be able to beat this event meaning you wont have the needed 4 star for the next event..
  • The Bob The
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

very lame if you cant beat the ant man event then your not gonig to be able to beat this event meaning you wont have the needed 4 star for the next event..

I assume their thinking is that if you can't beat the Ant Man event, you don't need a 4* character yet.
  • The Bob The
    Malcrof wrote:
    Acratin wrote:

@ a Mephisto battle!

It's a Christmas Miracle!

(Actually, now I kind of wish the Christmas update meant Chulk would be fighting elves and Santa, but I guess that's more a Deadpool thing)
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker

(Actually, now I kind of wish the Christmas update meant Chulk would be fighting elves and Santa, but I guess that's more a Deadpool thing)

I would support the inclusion of Melf to the MPQ as a non-playable enemy character.

A0y2S6V.jpg

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Melf_(Earth-616)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only acceptable holiday book in my house.

300?cb=20081211043354
  • The Bob The
    Well, there's also this.

1544497-536716_wt10_super_super.gif

Comedy books are one of the few things I miss about comics in the 90s.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    For many of us....the Ant-man event is an all-time favorite....and I feel like this shows the devs have listened to some of our feedback....I think TAH is a ridiculous spin-off char....but he looks like he'll be fun in-game and i appreciate being able to earn him without setting an alarm and ignoring my family like Ghost Rider....I wish all 4*s were released like this... icon_mrgreen.gif