Sold my 5*.. Fed up with scaling

The Bookman
The Bookman Posts: 54
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Players have asked whether we should keep our single 5* Covers or sell them to stop it affecting scaling... Devs said they may be making changes to scaling.

I'm fed up waiting and really don't like the scaling affecting me so I've sold my one old man login black power.

Comments

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Players have asked whether we should keep our single 5* Covers or sell them to stop it affecting scaling... Devs said they may be making changes to scaling.

I'm fed up waiting and really don't like the scaling affecting me so I've sold my one old man login black power.

For the same reason I've sold my Silver Surfer black cover....the devs made a big mistake
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am an early 2-3* transitioner and the majority of my roster is at around level 97 on average, I have both OML redtile.png and Surfer blacktile.png on my roster and can tell you that they have not affected my scaling in PVE. If you mean MMR in PVP then it has affected my shield sim but nothing else. I still manage to finish t100 for a pvp which I decide to properly invest in (time not money) and still make legendary token in PVE when I actually aim for it.

I don't know what the system is for determining scaling in PVE but it can't be your 5* characters (unless you use them) because I should get outrageous scaling (did on Growth industry but it's normal now). Wish you could've sold me your covers I would've taken them ha ha
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    A thought on that. If PVP matches are based on the average of your top three chars, as we've been told, then a 255 5* + 97 + 97 / 3 = about lvl 150. If you're solid in the 3* game, then you're looking at 255 + 166 + 166 / 3 = about lvl 200.

So that's less of a jump, right? Well, yeah, but the issue I think is that where an average of 150 means a 3* roster is getting matched with 3*s, an average of 200 means your 3* roster is getting matched with 4*s, and that's a way more difficult game.

At least, that's how I understand the math, but I'm sure there's lots of crunchers here who could educate me. I just want to understand why PVP is so difficult since rostering one (u played) 5*, and why it should be that way.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi, we have many, many threads to choose from for this content. My recommendation is worst mpq day (link below) or maybe one of the other 5* threads. Locking this one ,please use one of the others

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30058&start=460
This discussion has been closed.