4star optional token idea....

Gmax101
Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
This is born slightly out of just missing out on Ghost Rider (104 icon_e_sad.gif )

But as a semi-casual player who is just trying to Max out 3* and trying to get4* working! and one who will spend money when needed! I was just wondering if there was a money spinning way to get players buy 4* characters.

There are a couple of assumptions:

1. Whales are gonna whale. Legendary Tokens and 5* will keep them sweet.

2. F2P will stay that while the reward are luck based.

So how about a character bank where for a fixed number of HP you can buy a 1/1/1 character of your choice that you do not currently own.

The sole purpose is to let players be able to get their favourite character.

Even an F2P player might consider throwing down $10 for a start on a new guy they like... And let's not forget the whole 4* essentials that would potentially earn you chunks of cash each season....

The restriction on characters you do not own stops people using it as a cheap whale option.

You would obviously stagger the HP cost by star count...

Say 2000 for a 4*

You would only make characters available 1-2 months after they are launched.... Maybe after the PVP. So whales who token it from launch events and alliances that work hard to get it early get the benefit.

You could even have said token as placement for the launch event as that at might get more people playing.

But it does mean the casual players will always be able to get the character they want. They'll still need LT or placements to advance, but speaking as a casual player who spends money when it is of value.... I am not spending money to get a token with only a 5% chance of 1 cover of a character I need when I only need 4star and the odd 3star cover for respeccing.

But I would spend £10 on getting a ghost rider cover pack and the HP needed to roster him.

And I certainly don't think a level 90 4* with 1 cover on each power is a big threat.

Note, the only character I can and would buy would be Ghost Rider at the moment.