Two to three star transitioner killed by 5*s

Tony_Foot
Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Firstly I don't have an issue with the cost of this game. I have put in 200+ hard days. Nothing to some of you but I have worked damn hard to build up my roster. I have a decent core of 2* and well on my way to 8-10 covers on just about most 3*. I have them all and suffer DDQ daily to help. Now I accept there will always be bigger fish than me, but I'm now running into an issue over and over with pvp where people that don't even have a 2 star roster are chucking out teams of 5* with one or two of them that I have to skip. Even with a much better 2 star roster than them or a couple of decent boosted 3 stars I have to skip or take heavy damage, maybe even lose if they have a 5* doing decent healing.

Surely that wasn't the point of the 5*? Even if I can take a team of one of them out the game is so long they are an instant skip in the last hour.

For the life of me I don't understand why the 5 star wasn't only made available to those only with a 4 star roster strong enough for a ddq event and a legendary token only for 4 stars. The 3 star transition with ddq is perfect, why not do the same with 4 star. If you have won a 4 star from a heroic token or similar you can play the event. Then a huge battle if your 4 star roster is strong enough to try to win a 5 star.

I have spent a decent amount on this game for slots but I'm right at tipping point now. There seems little point in me building a 3 star roster with so much effort when people without a 2 star roster will soon add more and more 5 star covers and build a team of 270's! icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Agreed. You need to look at what covers the 5* characters actually have. A lot of times, it's just one or two covers. So it's more like the player is using the 5* as a scarecrow.

The thing with 5* is that they cost a lot of ap to fire up their powers. So they are susceptible to fast damage and ap denial styles of play.
  • i would say working as intended as they were touted as becoming useful with just a few covers. useful to who? it looks like we got the answer to that 2* teams that lucked into them.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Obviously, it depends on your definition of "useful." icon_twisted.gif okay, with THAT out of the way. . . if your roster has relatively low level characters, basically a 255 is someone you could hide behind in pve (aside from heroics of course), ddq, lr. Thus, to that extent, a 5* cover IS useful if it allows the player to save heals.

That's how I would use a 5* anyway. icon_cool.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Obviously, it depends on your definition of "useful." icon_twisted.gif okay, with THAT out of the way. . . if your roster has relatively low level characters, basically a 255 is someone you could hide behind in pve (aside from heroics of course), ddq, lr. Thus, to that extent, a 5* cover IS useful if it allows the player to save heals.

That's how I would use a 5* anyway. icon_cool.gif

They're also very effective with board manipulators like IF who change colours to their strong colours, generating cascades and crits which both provide ap and can do as much damage as an offensive skill. I've accidentally taken my OML+tu duplicates into matches against buffed 3*s by accident while playing seed teams and won.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    And this is why fixing the scaling of 5s in a 2 roster is not that easy icon_razz.gif

Yeah 5s are great as an endgame for people with maxed 4s, but it is a pain in the **** for all the other levels. And because it is luck-dependant, somebody who has won just 10 legendaries reaching the progression reward in PvE and nothing else (which is quite easy), can have the same amount of 5s as somebody with all 4s maxed that has won 70 LTs. Yeah it is extremely unlikely but it could happen.

At least this people still needs to get 3s, they can skip the 3 transition with just a couple of 5s. And these teams of 5s with 2s are just cannon fodder for the 4 teams, very easy victories, and because they are fielding a 5, WE CAN SEE THEM. So I guess they will need to stop doing it if they want to win 3s ...