pvp events

rollx
rollx Posts: 71 Match Maker
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I always see these forums and read about pve events and how awesome they could be (and are) but what about pvp events? Why are all of the pvp events the same? Here is your spotlight character now go use him/her with whatever two characters you can. How come there can't be an alliance vs alliance battle or a round robin knockout event or a random 3v3 or 5v5 event? Maybe even make the civil war event idea a pvp event.

I for one prefer pvp over pve and just wish there were more content for it. Thoughts?

Comments

• Because it is not a priority for the dev team at the moment
  • rollx
    Heartburn wrote:
    Because it is not a priority for the dev team at the moment

I see that quoted alot, and I understand it's in the best interest for the developers to make money, but I'm sure they could find a way to make money off these events. Like, what about this:

Make a pvp event where you pick one character and are given two goons of your choice. You have to level up and cover the goons yourself (for iso and hp) or just take the loner goons. Make it like a lightning round and it has rotated essential characters and your goons reset every event.

There is a whole player base they could cater to here that is willing to spend if glory and rewards are worth it.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love to see a 5v5 event where you pick your 3 people and then 2 bench guys that come in when people get KO'd. But you can only see the enemy's top 3. Do you sandbag it and have IMHB and JG come off the bench? Or you knock out one of the enemy starters and then an 8 cover SS shows up. I think it could be really fun and really brutal at the same time.
  • rollx
    Orion wrote:
    I'd love to see a 5v5 event where you pick your 3 people and then 2 bench guys that come in when people get KO'd. But you can only see the enemy's top 3. Do you sandbag it and have IMHB and JG come off the bench? Or you knock out one of the enemy starters and then an 8 cover SS shows up. I think it could be really fun and really brutal at the same time.

That would be really fun. It would be difficult to create I assume (from a developer's prospective) but they could maybe take what they have from survival nodes and format it into a survival pvp event. I'd play the he'll out of that.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I like the suggestion with having a "horde" style PvP for both sides, although not something I'd like to see too regularly. I think one of the best things about MPQ is the average match time for PvP matches. It's not too short as to make strategizing irrelevant, but not too long as to make it boring. The match length was one of my main problems with ATPQ and it made the game feel quite tedious. I also feel horde nodes on pve are quite tedious but at least they are not too common.
  • rollx
    It would be a fun event to try out sometime between seasons.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    that would be really fun, but in the current pvp setup, would take a ton of health packs. if they eased up on requiring health packs (or changed the format) for that it could be a blast. otherwise, would be a slow grind with the winner being whoever 1)paid for the most health packs or 2) used enough healers to manage it.