Console vs steam/mobiel

Punatulkku
Punatulkku Posts: 228
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Why there is Iron patriot at consoles but not in mobile/steam..

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because there has to be a reason to get people to double dip.
  • Because he was ready for Mobile, but the devs decided "eh we don't like his power set" and pulled him back before his debut event (which I imagine would have it's own PVE event) and are now, like, "When we do put him in, we're going to reimagine all his powers".
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    Because he was ready for Mobile, but the devs decided "eh we don't like his power set" and pulled him back before his debut event (which I imagine would have it's own PVE event) and are now, like, "When we do put him in, we're going to reimagine all his powers".

I'd heard it was more to do with Marvel (?) stepping in and requiring he be without his helmet so people know it's Harry Osborne in the suit and not Rhodey, which would confuse the general movie-watching public.

The only popularised version of Iron Patriot in the media has been from Iron Man 3. So having the helmet on and having Iron Patriot act all evil would confuse a lot of people.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I always figured that the reason Iron Patriot was never released was because they never got around to releasing his debut storyline. Back when Dark Reign stories were still being released in MPQ, the debut characters were also released along with them (Psylocke, Hulk, Sentry, etc.)

About the helmet story, I don't doubt that it's true but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I doubt that most of the movie-watching public even know what Norman (not Harry btw) Osborn looks like in the comics, so even without the helmet it wouldn't really mean anything to them. There are a few things that would confuse people in MPQ if they haven't read the comics, like why the heck 2-star Magneto is a hero, so I don't think having Osborn Iron Patriot is really any more confusing. Anyway, I think the Cinematic Universe has already abandoned Iron Patriot, since Rhodes shows up in his War Machine armour in Avengers 2 and Civil War trailer.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always figured that the reason Iron Patriot was never released was because they never got around to releasing his debut storyline. Back when Dark Reign stories were still being released in MPQ, the debut characters were also released along with them (Psylocke, Hulk, Sentry, etc.)

About the helmet story, I don't doubt that it's true but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I doubt that most of the movie-watching public even know what Norman (not Harry btw) Osborn looks like in the comics, so even without the helmet it wouldn't really mean anything to them. There are a few things that would confuse people in MPQ if they haven't read the comics, like why the heck 2-star Magneto is a hero, so I don't think having Osborn Iron Patriot is really any more confusing. Anyway, I think the Cinematic Universe has already abandoned Iron Patriot, since Rhodes shows up in his War Machine armour in Avengers 2 and Civil War trailer.

Ugh, why did I write Harry? I totally meant Norman.

But yeah, that's the explaination I'd always remembered hearing whenever someone brought up the mystical icon_ironpatriot.png thingy. That Marvel had insisted he be unmasked so it was obviously Norman (since he has an image in-game in the prologue things and is established to be an antagonist to SHIELD) and not Rhodes.

I mean sure, now it would make more sense to release him, it's been more than 18 months since IM3.