Fix PVE before the event ends?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Would it be too much to ask if the dev's could fix the ridiculous difficulty curve from insanely easy for sub 85s to insane for above 85s.

Apparently if you have 1 or 2 characters above 120 (frequently you can't even use one) your enemies scale through the roof. meanwhile people who have sub 85s are leading everywhere, blowing through everything with ease.

Your algorithms don't take into account which buffed characters you actually have, which characters are blocked from fights, etc and just do a flat, easy scale to save time. I haven't started the normal one yet in this second round and both lastnight and now there are 150s in there.

How is that normal mode? Then you're required to use certain non-leveled alts for fights so you might have 1 legit character to take on 3 way above your level when if you don't completely prevent their gaining colors, you'll get 1-shot

Buying boosts and health packs is not the answer to making this game fun. The first day of the event was great until everything became out of reach and we still have over a week of this? May as well call these training missions Heroic and Impossible.

Please look at the leaderboards and notice how the scaling is broken and fix before the end of yet another noncompetitive event.

I mean the 2nd fight in the hard mode has 3 170s and I'm forced to use a low level character and a 120 and an 85. Someone with just 85s is probably facing 50s-100s. There shouldn't be a hard difficulty jump the second a character hits 86 icon_razz.gif

Very upset and feeling like this is another waste of time

Comments

• As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with who is on your roster.

There is some community scaling going on, but the biggest factor seems to be the persistent MMR.

During the last round, there were LR's going on and I was tanking them and it surely helped.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty sure PvP MMR and PvE aren't linked at all chap.
  • Agree 230%

Really hard to compete when it take 8-10 mins for a fight, when low level people or who were lucky with the enemy level assignment lottery can do 2 or 3 missions in the same time.

I hope there's nothing more insidious to the scaling, such as enemy levels reducing depending on how much you've spent in game recently. With the randomness to levels you have assigned, it could pretty much be anything.
  • Twysta wrote:

I didn't think so either. But it was obvious to the naked eye.

I would watch the levls climb, then I would get hit 20 times in LR, and they would drop. Happened every two hours like clockwork when I did it. Did not happen over night when I wasn't tanking.

Chap.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't have any character above 85, and I've got enemies in the 200+ range on Hard mode. The Maggia and HAMMER fights are not difficult with the right team, though they sometimes take forever to whittle all those health points down. The supervillain/superhero fights require AP boosts for me to have a chance, and I'm frequently defeated, but I win those more often than not. PvE for this event really isn't broken. But it might require that some people try new strategies!
  • Twysta
    Options
    aboudreau wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

I didn't think so either. But it was obvious to the naked eye.

I would watch the levls climb, then I would get hit 20 times in LR, and they would drop. Happened every two hours like clockwork when I did it. Did not happen over night when I wasn't tanking.

Chap.

Hmm curious.
    I didn't notice any significant drop when I was tanking icon_neutral.gif
  • The reason it takes some people so long to win is because the devs said a while back that they want to slow the game down. Nerfing, increasing boost cost, requirments of certain characters to compete, and "balancing" is slowing it down. Thor, Rags, and wolvie had the game moving too fast and predictable. Im just glad c-storm, moonstone, and captian a are powered up. It gives a variety of usage, instead of spidey, mags, thor, and wolvie. Scaling is ridiculous no matter what they try.
  • Tanking LR doesn't make a difference. I did almost everyone to 100 and left it at that. No reason that should make the third enemy in Normal mode 170+

Slowing the game down would mean giving enemies more health but not ability to 1shot you if they get 2 matches of a color. And whatever they're looking at on your roster to set levels, they're doing it completely wrong. Clearly their test server has issues because it isn't working.

The only 150+ fights I can manage are ones with goons and only if I can get blue or green faster than their timers. Its kind of a shame because conceptually this one was working great until their out of hand scaling broke everything.

My fights started in the 70-80 range on the first day or 2 then they all basically doubled or more. It's one thing when enemies are 20 and go to 40, it's another when they go from 80 to 160.

Again please look at the leader boards and you'll see how broken this system is
  • So is grinding the problem? You know like when people keep doing the missions over and over and over.
  • Twysta
    Options
    I think it just needs a slight tweak more. Over the last 3 events the level rates are getting better each time.
    Hopefully 4th time round will be perfect!
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I'm still looking for more board members to join my tiny violin group. Again, whine and cheese will be served during our shows, and the Waaambulance will be on standby.

The difficulty isn't going to change folks, Hard mode is hard for a reason. It's similar to Heroic Mode, which is equally challenging. I still cannot figure out why people cannot understand this and continue to complain about it.

Stick to Easy mode. (or complain about that too)
  • Easy mode is mostly 200-230 anyway, not much difference.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Luckily mine is well balanced having max 101 leveled roster. sim3 is e 137/h 190

But i agree about the "whine". Fix scaling would be the best..
  • How hard did people getting Oscorped hammer the first sub? Since it seems mostly more prone to go up than down it's probably a bit academic trying to figure out what causes it at this point, but still curious.

Do we know for sure scaling for easy and hard modes is independent? I've seen people saying that but didn't catch the dev comment saying so, if there was one. I practically didn't touch easy, which might explain why my hard mode is now easier than some people's easy if they're not separate.
  • Patch makes all the pure goon battles easy even if they're level 230.

Having a high level Magneto is like having a level 230 character yourself. Moonstone/Daken/Captain America is about level 150-175 equivalent after boosts.

This isn't like Oscorp where you're actually using plain old level 85 characters against level 230 guys, and you don't even have most of your good offensive options available due to the limited roster. A Photon Blast followed by a damaging Gravity Warp can almost take out a low HP character like Bullseye or The Hood. It's nothing like Oscorp where everyone just shrugs off Adamantium Slashes like some knd of flea bite.
  • I'm still looking for more board members to join my tiny violin group. Again, whine and cheese will be served during our shows, and the Waaambulance will be on standby.

The difficulty isn't going to change folks, Hard mode is hard for a reason. It's similar to Heroic Mode, which is equally challenging. I still cannot figure out why people cannot understand this and continue to complain about it.

Stick to Easy mode. (or complain about that too)

'Easy' mode is 150 for the first group up to 175-230 are you go through

This might be easy if it scaled after analyzing what you have. Granted if I had a bunch of 141s including buffed guys, maybe that would be appropriate. My highest buffed toon is around lvl 50 and I'm still getting 230s

my 2 toons who are over 100 are patch(unavailable for wolverine fights) and Punisher (unavailable for punisher fight) and obw

The difficulty will change or people will stop playing because if it's not fun, it won't last. I actually faired better in heroic oscorp than this because they were only about 50 levels above mine.

But I do agree the goon-only fights are atleast doable at 230 and you can always retreat when you get board-screwed

Now why again did they change the mechanics from the hulk event?