AI for PVE & PVP needs balancing

I've just attempted SIM30 in Global Domination for the 6th time in a row, and every attempt has seen the AI pummel me with critical cascades. In the 6th round, for example, the total gems the AI had were 64 compared to my 33.

There is NO WAY that this is a randomized game no matter what people say. I see more AI critical cascades than player cascades with no competition.

The PVP also needs fixing as the 5* players are dominating without any effort scoring 2400+ pts on the leaderboards.

Played this game for about a year, was so much fun until a few months ago when it stopped being fun and became extremely frustrating and time consuming.

Comments

• I hear you. I have been playing the same two matches for 5 hours now and can't beat either of them. I was stoked to pull two Old Man Logan covers, only to realize that it was a death toll for my team as a whole. I hate the fact that a 5 star character doesn't seem to help at all. Kind of a stupid idea if you ask me. So what, only people with fully maxed out rosters can benefit from the strongest characters? Pretty ignorant if you ask me
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I regularly use OML in seed fights and easy pve battles. His match damage is very high and he tanks for all his colors plus team ups, saving time and health packs for the rest of my roster.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrMofo wrote:
    There is NO WAY that this is a randomized game no matter what people say. I see more AI critical cascades than player cascades with no competition.
    Sigh.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    DayvBang wrote:
    MrMofo wrote:
    Sigh.

And once again we see that 'truly random' in a game meant to be fun is really a poor way to design things, because even if it has only actually happened according to the probability it should happen I only remember every single time the AI wipes my team from 1 turn due to a massive cascade, and yeah, that seems to happen a lot.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Cypr3ss wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    MrMofo wrote:
    Sigh.

And once again we see that 'truly random' in a game meant to be fun is really a poor way to design things, because even if it has only actually happened according to the probability it should happen I only remember every single time the AI wipes my team from 1 turn due to a massive cascade, and yeah, that seems to happen a lot.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.

Yeah, no matter how much I hear the tile seed is random, it doesn't make sense.

Why is it that the AI manages to get extra matches on almost every single match they make? Because it must have knowledge of the incoming tiles. icon_e_ugeek.gif

Guess what, EVEN IF THE TILE SEED IS TOTALLY** RANDOM, if there's a stack of tiles that have already been generated AND you ALLOW THE AI TO KNOW WHAT'S COMING AND MAKE MATCHES BASED ON THAT, you're giving the AI a tremendously unfair advantage.

**It is nearly impossible to generate truly random numbers in code without a complex algorithm. I highly doubt MPQ is using that to generate tiles. rand() is absolutely NOT truly random.

And like Cypr3ss, the higher the level if the AI, the more cascades they get. When I play low-level DDQ matches (lvl 60-80), I get tons of extra cascades, almost every time. When I play against lvl 200+ opponents, the AI gets extra cascades. When you fight lvl 300ish AI, the amount of extra cascades they get is RIDICULOUS. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif