A DDQ for 3->4* transition

Pinko_McFly
Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
There have been 15 or so iterations of the 4*DDQ node now and most people will agree that the target audience is the upper level players and its purpose seems to be access to 5* characters more so than leveling their existing 4*s.
I am not proposing any changes to this (referred to as day 5 below), rather an addition to the nodes on the other 4 days that do not have the 4* DDQ pin active.

My proposal is a 4 day quest (1 node a day) that targets people with 3* rosters a chance to earn an additional cover for the character that will be featured in the Day 5 fight. The cover reward would be given out as the Day 4 reward if the person has finished each pin from Days 1-4.
The color for the cover reward would be up to the devs (sure we would love to be able to pick our color).

To keep these rewards focused on the 3* players that need them and to keep with the DDQ mentality for the rewards, I'd suggest something like the following (each match is a 3 on 3 match)
Day 1 - Required character is the 4* that will be given out on day 4. Simple match, rewards iso for the day.
Day 2 - Unlocks if Day 1 was completed. A little harder match, requires a line-up consisting of 3 lvl 120 3* characters. Rewards iso.
Day 3 - Unlocks if Day 2 was completed. Harder match, requires a line-up consisting of 3 lvl 140 3* characters. Rewards iso.
Day 4 - Unlocks if Day 3 was completed. Harder match, requires a line-up consisting of 3 lvl 166 3* characters. Rewards the 4* character.
Day 5 -Keep keeping them hard.

The guidelines for requirements that I put above really are so the devs can control the 4* cover dilution. I understand they don't want everyone to get them and what I have proposed seems like a way to get the covers flowing (1 every 5 days) to those that need them.

Sure, this would require new matches to be made up, but honestly if you give us one set of matches, you'll have at least a couple of months before we start complaining about the lack of variety.

Please take this in consideration as a way to start earning more 4* covers.

Comments

• XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I like the idea. I think it's interesting. Unfortunately I think it comes with a sticking point of tying the nodes together. As it's currently programmed, I imagine the progress would wipe each day. Going with existing code, they'd have to convert the DPD into a general PvE format (one main node, then daily sub-nodes) and I'm not sure how easy that would be to do. I imagine that this is to get people playing each day - so they'd have to have a way of removing the node on the different days as well. The biggest problem I think is that you'd effectively be doubling the 4* rewards to the players who can complete the 4* node. I say that's a problem only because from what I've experienced, I don't think the developers / D3 would go for that.

There is a way you can mitigate that a bit though, and that's have the "main node" offer 1-time points. Each DPD sub would also add points. To unlock the 4*, require a point progression that would require a 15K score on all 5 days plus the point progression for all of the main nodes. The points can be as such that a person who completes the 4* node would still have to complete all of the nodes in the main event, but hitting 15K would still be easier.

The real driver would be how effective the current DPD is at getting people to log in each day. I'd guess it's really effective, but your idea would probably turn more heads the less effective the current DPD is. Heck, even if they stretched it over 10 days that'd be an improvement. They could even call it something clever to reference their sweet and savory tokens. Or just call it Taco Hell.