error: too much damage? [Photonic Blasts - Ms. Marvel]

2tXqXkl.jpg
AzetN41.jpg

1464 vs 1474 damage
level 94 captain marvel (ms marvel) 5/5/3 boosted to level 150 in PvE event.

(sorry for cropping images, max pixelwidth is 1200)

Moderator edit: added a little more detail to the subject line. -DayvBang

Comments

• Is that a strength 10 strike tile?
  • there are no strenght tiles on the board (sword)
    the tile with the fist was a 164-attack tile from iron fist.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Did she shatter any protect tiles? If she did, those count the damage from that tile as well.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    SirLanik wrote:
    Did she shatter any protect tiles? If she did, those count the damage from that tile as well.
    I don't think that's correct. In my experience, the destroyed protect tiles do no extra damage, but also do not subtract from the Photonic Blast's damage. Any subsequent cascades do damage normally.
  • Hello.

I tested some further, since this season ms marvel is boosted again. And apparantly in the initial screenshot there was 1 protect tile that i did not see. Since the skill does 1464 damage if there are no protect tiles and an additional 10 damage per (pink) protect tile. And 10 is the exact damage value for a pink tile for ms marvel boosted to 150, even though other characters in your team will have a much higher damage for the pink tiles.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, Ms. Marvel was updated this year to deal damage for destroyed protect tiles. Abilities that deal damage for destroyed tile use the ability owner's damage stats, not the highest value on the team like a match.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, Ms. Marvel was updated this year to deal damage for destroyed protect tiles. Abilities that deal damage for destroyed tile use the ability owner's damage stats, not the highest value on the team like a match.
    Oh weird, I didn't know that. It's really strange that 2* Marvel's Photonic Blasts do tile damage, but 3* Captain Marvel's do not.

I haven't used 2* Ms. Marvel much at all because I was well past 2* phase when she was released, so I never noticed the difference.