4* Essential in PVE Progression

madok
madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Would it really big that big of a deal to add the 4* essential for the PVEs to the progression rewards before the LT? This would mimic the reward structure of the current PVP rewards. This definitely would be the opposite of getting 4* covers for free. You have to put the time in to grind the event to accomplish that progression.

Heck you could even flip it and put it after the LT for those people just grinding for the LT for the chance at a 5*.

I know the current DDQ 4* isn't for early 4* transition players and this could at least help ease that pain a bit without requiring a full system overhaul.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I prefer a 4* cover be added to pvp progression, not pve. pve can easily be played competitively with a much lower roster and flooding the economy on that level with 4* covers would put a real bind on some for roster slots. although it may draw my interest more when the cover is one I really want - depends on where they put it.
  • What if the essential was added, but AFTER the LT?

Like, at a range where you'd need all essentials + 3 full clears + maybe some grinding at the end of subs in order to get it?
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Put the current 4* Essential instead of the LT.

No more "hurrdurr, giving out too many 4*'s."

No more "hurrdurr, teh silvah surfah when mess up my scaling."

No more "hurrdurr, annudah Baglady from my token."
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Honestly? I don't need new things to grind more for.

I'm a casual player by forum standards and a hardcore player by the general public's standards. I probably play this game three hours a day, which is a LOT. I play PvE's to the Legendary, PvP's to 1K when I need the cover (which is most) and when I can without shielding too much (which is most) and frankly, that's enough.

So I don't want more ways to grind. If the devs want me to progress faster, they can either add additional rewards to the grinding most people are doing already, or they can provide alternate ways to grind the same amount for more relevant/helpful rewards.

Command Points, for example, are a mix. I'll get 25/mo for playing I was gonna do anyway in daily rewards. I'll probably average about 1 additional CP/day through PvE nodes, based on the cumulative odds of three clears. But I won't get all the node CP's and none of the placement CP's because, well, I ain't gonna grind no more.

Maybe if they lowered the Legendary a bit (say, three full clears a day minus three full clears, instead of the current three full clears a day m inus 1-ish full clears) and this new reward were set to a "perfect" clear (three full clears a day, every day, plus repeatable main event nodes), I'd be really wary of it.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I'd prefer 4* progression be added for all PVE events now that 4*'s are the new standard, at the least I'd like to see the both placement rewards and progression for 7-day PVEs include 4*'s. The rewards/effort on those is pretty low, relative to pretty much every other event type.
  • adding the current essential would be a bit pointless, since if they add it, they will do it all the way at the end and by the time you reach it, the event is almost over already, so not giving much advantage anymore.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frasaria wrote:
    adding the current essential would be a bit pointless, since if they add it, they will do it all the way at the end and by the time you reach it, the event is almost over already, so not giving much advantage anymore.
    And improving your existing character is bad because?
  • fmftint wrote:
    Frasaria wrote:
    adding the current essential would be a bit pointless, since if they add it, they will do it all the way at the end and by the time you reach it, the event is almost over already, so not giving much advantage anymore.
    there is no advantage for adding the current 4 star compared to adding the next 4 star to the progression rewards.
    While there is an advantage to adding the next 4 star compared to the current 4 star, namely that players will achieve higher progression rewards and thus receive more rewards.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Frasaria wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Frasaria wrote:
    there is no advantage for adding the current 4 star compared to adding the next 4 star to the progression rewards.
    While there is an advantage to adding the next 4 star compared to the current 4 star, namely that players will achieve higher progression rewards and thus receive more rewards.

That would change the progression rewards pattern. The essential 2* and 3* are a progression rewards, so should be the essential 4*.

What they should do instead is run 4* placement rewards like they do for 3* (more than just new characters). That's where you'll get more covers (potentially 4 over two events), keep the patterns all the same, AND be ready for the next PvE. I love DDQ, but it was placement rewards that grew my 3*s faster than anything else. They to start handing out those covers out more frequently now that there's half as many 4* as 3*.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    As I PVE player and grinder I love the idea of getting more 4* in PVE... Maybe it will start leveling the playing field in PVP...at day 369 (I know I'm a year behind) I'm still maxing out my 3*.... All of them are fully covered but most are at 160 to 120. I refuse to waste HP and health on PVP....it seams to me that the DEVs only care about PVP because people spend more money there (shields)! The LT in PVE has helped me add depth to my 4* roster!

The DEVs run PVE event mostly with 3* as a reward! They run 4* reward events only once (there were exceptions ....Carnage and I think one other) BUT every PVP event rewards is a LT and a 4* How is this fair!

I don't think every newbie should get a 4* line up before leveling up 2* but I'm tried of getting destroyed or finish in the top 200 in PVP because I'm fighting maxed out HB/ JG with my 3* line up!
    Maybe on solution is to re-run the older 4* reward PVE event to help everyone old.... Who really wants to grind for 4-7 days and get a 3* Sentry or Mohawk strom!

Just my opinion sorry for the grammar or spelling errors.
    Darknes21
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been suggesting the 4* cover as a progression since the 4* essential was introduced..

Then we got the token instead.

Happier with the token honestly.. Since i have completed 4*s, i would rather have a CHANCE at something usable, than knowing there is no reason to both playing an event at all other than iso farming.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    TxMoose wrote:
    I prefer a 4* cover be added to pvp progression, not pve. pve can easily be played competitively with a much lower roster and flooding the economy on that level with 4* covers would put a real bind on some for roster slots. although it may draw my interest more when the cover is one I really want - depends on where they put it.

I half agree. I think if you have 4* available in progression, players will grind for it. But that could, in turn, reduce player incentive to push for placement (and spend hp on boosts, heals, etc.).
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    And here's a cynical view. . .D3's objective re: pve scaling is to convince players to blow/buy iso to max out their underleveled rosters. Thus, giving LT progression that offer 5* covers that wreck pve scaling could help the publisher achieve this objective. icon_twisted.gif 4* covers will not be as useful in this regard. icon_lol.gif