Ability to put characters in stasis to mitigate 5* effect?

heckbringer
heckbringer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
My friend and I were discussing how he's no longer enjoying the game after getting his first OML cover... What should have been a happy experience has basically made PvP impossible and made PvE much harder to the point that he's not really having any fun anymore, and we came up with the following:

What if you could put characters in stasis, so you couldn't use them and they couldn't affect your difficulty rating? Seems like the best of all worlds without having to mess up any current algorithms that might have been really hard to figure out...

My thinking is you could modify them at any time, but the status of your characters with regard to stasis would be locked with regard to an event once you could see it on the dashboard, so you couldn't use the pictures to help you decide who should or should not be in stasis, and make it more of a long-term kind of thing rather than a thing that people would spend a lot of time "gaming". So you could make changes to your roster with regard to putting them in or taking them out of stasis, but those changes would only take effect in events that appeared after you made those changes. The events already on your dashboard would use your stasis settings that were in place when they showed up.

...or maybe you could make it so you could only change stasis settings once per month, or attach a two-week counter to it after you make a change or something.

...or make it so you could pay gold to modify your stasis mid-event?

Thoughts?