Professor X's Master Plan generates wrong color

vudu3
vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
I've noticed that lately Professor X's Master Plan generates the wrong team color. If there are two (or more) colors tied for the strongest team color it seems to generate one of them at random. Before I didn't know if it was a bug or a "feature" but now that the ability descriptions have the added text indicating strongest team color I can see that it's a bug.

I'm playing the first sub of Oscorp: Heroic with a level 130 PX (buffed to 220), a level 166 Quicksilver (buffed to 240) in the left spot on the character select screen and a level 166 Iron Fist (buffed to 240) in the right spot on the character select screen. The in-game description for Master Plan indicates that it will generate 4 AP in black (QS's strongest color) but roughly half the time it will generate green instead (IF's strongest color).

Can we please have this issue fixed? Thanks.

Comments

• Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    Put qs in the middle and you should be good
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rob13 wrote:
    No, there's definitely a bug. Only started noticing it since the change where they started indicating the strongest color in the ability description.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Rob13 wrote:
    Impossible on PX essential nodes

+1 for experiencING the same issue
  • It generating at random between the two strongest colours is correct.

The bug is the brackets telling you what colour will be generated, as that just displays one of the options, it isn't specifying that that will be the colour you get.

There's another thread for this already. Basically the strongest colour display (the colour in brackets) does not account for more than one option, and needs modifying.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    I was doing Oscorp Heroic with PX (Level 258), KK (Level 260) and Patch (Level 260) - with patch in the middle obviously.

Game started with a match 5 purple which I matched and didn't get green, I got yellow instead.
    lAJheh5.jpg

I double checked the ability to make sure patch was in the middle:
    0cvgAZg.jpg

The next match 5 I made, I ended up getting 4 green. I'm not sure what the conditions are, but it doesn't always give 4 green AP.

http://imgur.com/a/H3NkQ
  • simonsez
    There's another thread for this already. Basically the strongest colour display (the colour in brackets) does not account for more than one option, and needs modifying.
    No, the bug isn't the display. Abilities like this are not firing correctly. When colors are tied, it's supposed to be the position of the characters that breaks the ties. It's not. It's going random instead.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    When colors are tied, it's supposed to be the position of the characters that breaks the ties. It's not. It's going random instead.
    So I'm wondering if it really is randomly picking one, or if the game has no way of 'locking in' the starting positions of the chars, and so uses their current order in the match when determining position. I.e. first match-5 is with chars aligned Prof X - Wolvie - QS (QS in front), but when next match-5 goes off they're aligned QS - Prof X - Wolvie (Wolvie in front), leading to the different coloured AP being generated.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • simonsez
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    When colors are tied, it's supposed to be the position of the characters that breaks the ties. It's not. It's going random instead.
    So I'm wondering if it really is randomly picking one, or if the game has no way of 'locking in' the starting positions of the chars, and so uses their current order in the match when determining position. I.e. first match-5 is with chars aligned Prof X - Wolvie - QS (QS in front), but when next match-5 goes off they're aligned QS - Prof X - Wolvie (Wolvie in front), leading to the different coloured AP being generated.
    I don't think so, because if you're using PX/GSBW, the same character would go to the front if you're matching greens, but the color generated isn't necessarily the same. Similarly, with cyke4's yellow, when you match a TU, the same character would go to the front, but the same color isn't always generated.