4* DDQ..are ALL the new ones in the rotation?

Handoftheking26
Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Since they are adding 4*s every 10 minutes, are they all going in the DDQ rotation? Will it be once every 100+ days you see a 4* you actually have covers for? And will it always be the same opponent?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    We haven't been told.
    They did do a test run with X-force Deadpool early on to see what happened when it was a character not many had had a chance to fully cover, I don't think we were informed of what the findings were though.
    My guess is only brand new 4* may get skipped as we reach the end of the rotation.
  • Yeah, it will be interesting to see what happens as we get to the newer characters. Honestly I think if they started the rotation over right now you would see fewer complaints than if you keep going until every character that has been released was put in the rotation. Think about it, there are a lot of well covered Jean Greys, and Icemans out there, but Mr. Fantastic, Cyclops, Rulk, X-23.....not many have them well covered. To do so would require a lot of luck, and/or a lot of $$$. And it will take a month just to get through those 6 which will add Ghost Rider and Totally Awesome Hulk to the mix (if not more).

Alternatively, going back to XFW and starting over would give people another couple months to earn covers for the newer characters, and more opportunities to earn them (via LTs from 4* DDQs that they are more likely to be able to complete.)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be aok with them resetting after jean. heck, I'd be ok with resetting now - jean is my only sure-fire win from here out. my MFer is not badly built (2/3/4), but my ice, cyc, and x23 are awful. rulk is close at 1/4/1, but might need a ton of tries and luck at it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is something I wondered about awhile back in some thread - if they only give them once every five days but introduce new characters once every 15 days or so....these DDQ legendaries will get farther and farther apart. Time for daily 4* DDQ?

Another question - will Dino return to this rotation, or is he only going to be seen during Anniversary? I have him way more covered than 6 of the next 7 or so upcoming ones, I'd like to see him remain in the rotation.
  • Somehow I've been pretty lucky pulling 4* Cyclops covers with him at 9 covers but I honestly think that after Jean that they should start from the beginning again. 4* DP can not be the gold standard comparison for a newer released 4* in ddq because he not only had a self healing ability but we were also given multiple opportunities to obtain his red power. Most people in my alliance had 4-5 covers in his red and, compared to characters like Mr. Sucktastic or Captain Fail, he's godlike with just a handful of red covers before you throw in his purple which dealt decent damage with just a single cover.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Makes little difference to me. My transitioning roster can't get by most of the time anyways. Be it a 1/0/2 Thing or my 0/0/0 X23, DDQ4 won't help me build my roster.
  • Quebbster
    My Iceman and Mr Fantastic are both decently covered with 9 covers each, but then it's a steep drop to X-23 (4 covers) and Rulk (3 covers), so I don't really mind if those two get skipped. Cyclops is somewhere in between with 6 covers, but since I have 4 red ones already and should get a fifth in PvP later this week, so he will probably do OK - though it depends a bit on the opponent.

I assume the opponents won't change in the next rotation though.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I also hope for restarting soon. I've already stopped trying on 4*DDQ after Ant-Man.
    They should start from the beginning and give us more time for developing the rest of 4-stars.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    If they continue their stated release schedule of a new 4* every two weeks, they could run the following before having to repeat:
    Jean Grey
    Mr. Fantastic
    Cyclops
    Red Hulk
    Iceman
    X-23
    Ghost Rider
    Unknown 1 (appx release 12/10)
    Unknown 2 (appx release 12/24)
    Unknown 3 (appx release 1/7/16)

That puts the first forced repeat on 1/13/16. I really hope they do it sooner...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know what would be really awesome? If they added a 4* progression at 1150, and put the older 4*s at 1000 and the newer 4*s at 1150.
  • Quebbster
    simonsez wrote:
    You know what would be really awesome? If they added a 4* progression at 1150, and put the older 4*s at 1000 and the newer 4*s at 1150.
    I'd settle for a few command points as progression after 1000...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'd settle for a few command points as progression after 1000...
    As far as I'm concerned, they should rename one's command points pool as "the fountain of disappointment"
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    extra cover would be great - not holding out hope there. cp would be nice too - that might actually be on the table. I could use another 1000 iso somewhere as much as anything right now.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

D3, see this? I'd start using more than one shield again! Simonsez, agree with you that CP is "the fountain of disappointment"...but mostly LT's with their RNG are the same.

Another thing that would be great - actually giving people a reason to push in PVP! How about 4* for T50 individual/alliances?