Gauntlet Progression Rewards slight tweek

Triharda
Triharda Posts: 17
In both this Gauntlet run, and the last (Ultron's) I have completed all modes except for the final required node with the 4*.
Everyone loves this event (including me) bit it is really frustrating relying on random pulls to get the required 4* if you don't already have them.
My change suggestion is award 1 cover of the required 4* character in place of the last 3* reward currently, and replace the final gauntlet reward with a Legendary token.
This won't upset the balance a huge amount afaik, and also mean that most people at that point would buy an extra roster slot to just attempt the final node, thus meaning a gain in hp spending and thus being a good step for revenue as well, thus both player and company remain happy.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    What about a node reward tweak too? What's the point of having 4 rewards in each node, when we're supposedly only meant to do them once?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    What about a node reward tweak too? What's the point of having 4 rewards in each node, when we're supposedly only meant to do them once?
    I think the nodes, especially later in the three Gauntlet events, should have a mix of better than average rewards, including tokens and even specific covers, but they should not be repeatable. For example, the final node for each of the three could contain, respectively:

Wilderness Survival: event token, event token, 1000 ISO, 2500 ISO
    Alpine Tactics: Quicksilver green, Quicksilver blue, 3* Daken black, 3* Daken purple
    Global Domination: 4* Deadpool red, 4* Deadpool black, 4* Deadpool purple, 4* Deadpool purple

Only being able to do them once keeps people from being able to farm four covers from these nodes, and also varies the covers given out to the player base for more variety in people's builds.

You could use this same model for other difficult nodes such as the essential side branches, also making them non-repeatable:

2* essential node: 100 ISO, 250 ISO, 500 ISO, event token
    3* essential node: event token, 1 CP, 500 ISO, 1000 ISO
    4* essential node: event token, 1000 ISO, 50 HP, 5 CP
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    The Gauntlet hasn't evolved with the state of the game. Even at it's launch it felt a little weak in terms of the rewards compared to traditional pve's.

I understand that it's a non-competitive event but it's also the most challenging event in all of MPQ. I'm reasonably sure that I spend more in health packs and in AP boosts on one round of Guantlet than I would in two pvp events.

Yet the end result is a fair amount of ISO, a few 3*'s I no longer need and a single 4* cover that may or may not be useful? It doesn't add up.

1) Remove the 20 ISO chance from this event. The event is WAY too challenging to warrant useless rewards on victory. People won't complain if they can't grind down these nodes beyond 4 attempts.

2) Add 25 CP to the event distributed among the nodes in the 2nd and 3rd sub. This emulates the 2nd 4* cover but allows players of different skill sets to earn some. Not everyone can finish the gauntlet so at least they can earn some CP and make progress. This will also cause players to spend more resources farming nodes which probably helps D3's bottom line in one way or another.