Forum Hall of Fame? Yes or No? Vote Now, Give Input!

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Do you think it would be fun to create a Forum Hall of Fame?

Here is the basic idea, just a rough one:

Forum users nominate a thread, a special sticky will be made for nominations.. threads like the HP suck, Build a Bagman, Venom eats a 5*, that epic user interface, the roster conversations, etc... just to name a few..

If the nomination gets enough upvotes, the thread will be perma-linked in a special Hall of Fame thread for posterity, and easy reference.. on the days you just need a smile, or in some cases, just to find it..

You can dig through the bowels of the forums and find old ones, or nominate a newer one. It can be a fun character someone created in speculations, or just something you feel important enough to not be forgotten.

Vote yes or no in the poll. If you have ideas on the process of deciding, or general feedback on the process, please add it in the notes below.. (don't link threads to nominate in here, this is only in the idea phase)
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    To me if they are not already stickied they probably don't deserve recognition.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Sorry, this is a stupid idea. people come and go all the time. This is going to turn into a popularity contest that we don't need. I'd rather be spending my time speculating on whether we'll have a thxgiving sale or not.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is just going to lead to threads like, "I can't believe that f'ing nonsense got HoF'd"
  • Malcrof
    puppychow wrote:
    Sorry, this is a stupid idea. people come and go all the time. This is going to turn into a popularity contest that we don't need. I'd rather be spending my time speculating on whether we'll have a thxgiving sale or not.
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35791
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    could be fun. more likely something else for complainers to whine about. nah, but could be swayed. the less complaints the better to me, even though I find myself joining every once in a while.

so, categories and all? and some retirees will have to be grandfathered in (polarity et.al.)
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Meh, I would like to see a Thanksgiving contest though! Pass that on to the powers that be, please.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be in favor of a subforum that was filled with popular threads. That way, newer members could see how good/bad the game and forums have been. Maybe D3 Go! and Demiurge could take note of some of the huge clusterf's that have happened in the past, learn from them, so that history doesn't repeat itself. In the same vein, they could take note of some of the great successes, and look to repeat them.
  • Malcrof
    Ok, closing this out.. forgot where i was...
This discussion has been closed.