Same people win top spot in PVP, solution

Vinmarc43
Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
Been playing for 700+ days now, and I play PVP, but sadly I noticed that the same guys always get to reward placement especially since 5* appeared. I mean if you have 2+ fully covered 5*, no way i will try and beat that with a few 4*, pointless...so here is a suggestion to play fair, after you have reach the last reward in PVP which is a legendary token then you fall into a draw for placement, ex : 13 guys hit 1300+ pts, then all of these guys have the possibility for first spot via a draw.
Off course the top guys will say no to this, but it would give more players the chance of winning top spot even if your roster does not have 3 or even 4 fully covered 5*...

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not happy that someone with a viable 5* can easily win the top spot every PvP, but the last thing this game needs is more randomized progression.
  • Then we need more idea's, because pts in PVP are getting ridiculous, 1800+, like these guy need that many pts.... icon_e_confused.gif
    Anyway, right now 5* is creating unbalanced events.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vinmarc43 wrote:
    Then we need more idea's, because pts in PVP are getting ridiculous, 1800+, like these guy need that many pts.... icon_e_confused.gif
    If you already have a mostly completed roster, progression rewards in PvP doesn't mean a whole lot. Those guys score high because that's their way of having fun with the game. Also, by scoring so much they give lots of points to the rest of the slice, making it easier for everyone else to hit progression rewards.
    The high scorers are concentrated in one or two slices though, so if you are after placement rewards you could try a different end time and see if that makes placement easier.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Vinmarc43 wrote:
    Then we need more idea's, because pts in PVP are getting ridiculous, 1800+, like these guy need that many pts.... icon_e_confused.gif
    If you already have a mostly completed roster, progression rewards in PvP doesn't mean a whole lot.
    [...]
    thats the whole point.
    why not directly give out HP or CPs for the first few ranks, people are selling unwanted covers anyway.
    who needs 3* covers when your roster is good enough to place top10 or even top 50.

that way they get something more useful than 500 iso.
    that there will never be a solution for 2*/3* transitioners with still developing rosters, thats another story...
  • A drastic change to the PvP rewards is needed, top placement getting a 4* they probably cant/don't want to use, and the next 99 getting 3* covers they probably cant/don't want to use is a complete waste.
  • The problem is people manipulating the way they get points by using line to put out easy teams to beat with a very high point win. There is not a lot they can do to stop that. Just another case of cheat to win..
  • Quebbster
    The problem is people manipulating the way they get points by using line to put out easy teams to beat with a very high point win. There is not a lot they can do to stop that. Just another case of cheat to win..
    If you can find the cupcakes you can get easy points too. Their impact on the scoreboards is minimal at best.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    The problem is people manipulating the way they get points by using line to put out easy teams to beat with a very high point win. There is not a lot they can do to stop that. Just another case of cheat to win..
    If you can find the cupcakes you can get easy points too. Their impact on the scoreboards is minimal at best.

The line app is being used to co-ordinate cup cake teams...

Therefore once at a 1000 points its an easy run to however far you want to go.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

The line app is being used to co-ordinate cup cake teams...

Therefore once at a 1000 points its an easy run to however far you want to go.
    Are you speaking from experience?
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    i do this all the time.
    i dont have line, but im skipping A LOT of matches (20 in a row is common for me) and only play matches that net me 50+ points.
    is there any difference to the way described above?
  • Quebbster
    ammenell wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    i do this all the time.
    i dont have line, but im skipping A LOT of matches (20 in a row is common for me) and only play matches that net me 50+ points.
    is there any difference to the way described above?
    Yeah, same here. Even if you know someone is unshielded there's no guarantee you'll find it.
    One thing to consider is that whoever is at the top of the (global) scoreboard is going to progress at a snail's pace compared to everyone else. In Category-5 last week I was hit by a player with Silver Surfer and Old Man Logan repeatedly. I lost 5 points for each hit, and the retaliation was worth 70 points. So I lost 15 points for 3 losses and won something like 120 points from the retaliations. I assume I was one of the few players running three-star teams that showed up in that player's queue, so I was probably a more attractive target, but I also assume those attacks ended up costing a lot if she hadn't shielded already.
    ...And speaking of shields, that's the other big limiting factor. If you plan to climb to absurd heights, you better be prepared to shield early and shield often. I don't play that way myself, but I am very grateful to those that do as that makes my late climb to 1300 on two shields possible.
  • simonsez
    Vinmarc43 wrote:
    Then we need more idea's
    Ok, here's an idea: if you sell a cover that you won as a ranking award, it shows up in the cover cache of the person who finished underneath you. If they sell it too, it drops down to the next person. Etc, until someone rosters it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    couple of things: first, the large groups of players in the 1500-2500 pt range contain some 5* characters, yes, but the vast majority of them are 4* players. I know because I'm queuing them and I see what teams they're using. mostly jean/hb with rulk, carnage, Cyclops sprinkled in (along with a 5* every now and then). truthfully half the 5*s I find are not even that scary since they're barely covered.

second, the cupcake practice is for all to use including me. I don't use line and find cupcakes somewhat routinely (averaged about 2 per event towards the end of last season) and happily use them for my benefit. if you ever find a cupcake, its a smart idea to wait at least 15 minutes before hitting them. they're doing you a favor - let them shield before you hit them.
  • simonsez
    TxMoose wrote:
    if you ever find a cupcake, its a smart idea to wait at least 15 minutes before hitting them. they're doing you a favor - let them shield before you hit them.
    It's amazing how some people don't understand this. And it's not even about being "nice". It's about not killing the golden goose.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Vinmarc43 wrote:
    Then we need more idea's
    Ok, here's an idea: if you sell a cover that you won as a ranking award, it shows up in the cover cache of the person who finished underneath you. If they sell it too, it drops down to the next person. Etc, until someone rosters it.

Very interesting, but with the current option of holding onto the cover for 2 weeks before selling it, that could get very confusing as covers could drop down to you months after the actual event finished.

Instead how about an option next to a cover when you win it as a placement award: either keep as normal, or sell immediately for double iso (while donating the cover as described). For those who receive a donated cover, they are worth 0 iso to sell?