Upcoming character guess

ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Were I a betting man, I'd assume we'll see Spider-Gwen or Jessica Jones in the next month or so. Ghost Rider and Spider-Gwen showed up recently in other Marvel mobile games. And while it's up to the developer (D3) to determine if that character fits this game........It's safe to say, if a license for a character is available for one game, why not the other?

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/ ... sp?c=68370

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/?&op ... alcount=14

Comments

• I was slightly surprised at the order choice of the recently released...
    IMO;
    Ghost Rider should have been around Halloween, then Jessica Jones next (Netflix release) and then X-23 and Cholk (Chulk?) after to be with their new comics.

Though I would like Spider-Gwen, I doubt we will see her for awhile, Miles would be more likely for the 4th Spiderperson, especially now he is in the ANAD Avengers.

I wonder if they have a Deadpool related character waiting for Feb with the movie coming out...
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Plz plz plz Jessica Jones!! And hopefully Dr. Strange when the film comes out. He seems like a good candidate for the next 5*.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I adore Jess, but am still surprised that they are "advertising" her inclusion by way of video games (for kids). The Netflix show is VERY Rated R. lol. I love it, but yeesh.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I adore Jess, but am still surprised that they are "advertising" her inclusion by way of video games (for kids). The Netflix show is VERY Rated R. lol. I love it, but yeesh.

Gotta hit all dem demographicz, sonnnnnn
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Marvel pacing in movies is ramping up hard. We're looking at 2-3-ish a year soon with multiple series.

marvel is building a universe in a new form of media besides comics, so all promo is good promo.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been pretty lucky with the Wishlist in my signature. Everything I wish for turns up in game a month or two later, except for poor Namor and the Shocker. Those guys have been stuck there for a long time.

I'm really not sure who to add there next, but if anyone has any requests, let me know. I think I should share my luck around.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Her movie is coming soon too, so my guess is... SUPERGIRL!!!!!!!!
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Wolarsen wrote:
    Her movie is coming soon too, so my guess is... SUPERGIRL!!!!!!!!

Not sure if trolling or....
  • With the new series of Safira is pretty sure she'll be in the game. I just hope it also put bad guys as it is getting quite boring play only good guys. Until Emma Frost wants to become a good girl. aff
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Four-star Moonstone, in her Thunderbolts incarnation.
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    by TLCstormz

By that Logic, shouldn't the inclusion of Blade and Punisher in video games for kids be just as questionable? Two very violent (sometimes more) franchises that we're okay with putting in the roster.

Remember how Rated R movies used to get Toy Lines (I owned a few Terminator and Robocop figures)?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    by TLCstormz

By that Logic, shouldn't the inclusion of Blade and Punisher in video games for kids be just as questionable? Two very violent (sometimes more) franchises that we're okay with putting in the roster.

Remember how Rated R movies used to get Toy Lines (I owned a few Terminator and Robocop figures)?

I have played with Jessica Jones in another Marvel game, please don't add her.. she is terrible in the other games... boring in the comics, and barely mildly entertaining as a tv show.....

Phil Coulson, Quake, and Deathlok are all much more worthy, and unique. Jones is just a generic hero with no abilities unique to anyone but generic heroes (unless alcoholism is a power, but Stark wins that one too).
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    by Malcrof
    I have played with Jessica Jones in another Marvel game, please don't add her.. she is terrible in the other games... boring in the comics, and barely mildly entertaining as a tv show.....

I actually enjoyed the show, though I'm kind of a sucker for anything Noir or Noir inspired (**** Tracy, Cowboy Bebop, etc) and my wife is a big Law and Order fan. Had been debating on checking the Alias comic out a few years ago, but never got around to it.

Though, I do agree that we have enough super-strong, flying female characters in the Puzzle Quest roster. Unless they gave her Deductive Powers (find/move trap tiles) or a self-hurting power (under Purple Man influence, removing own special tiles in exchange for enemy team damage or something), I don't see much unique about her from a combat perspective that would be enough to put her in the game.