5* characters and a possible scaling solution

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
Ok at Malcrof's suggestion from a post on another thread I made, here is my take on how to (hopefully) easily correct 5* scaling issues without having to vastly overhaul the 5* characters:

"Perhaps they shouldn't have started 5* at level 270 due to scaling. They should have made them start at let's say 180 and made the iso extremely cheap to get them to 270 for example. They need to tweak the starting level lower of 5* so it doesn't ruin scaling while making it easy to get to 270 with minimal iso and then ramp iso costs from there to fully level them."

I think this would be an easy fix for the developers although the one complication is people that already have 5* on rosters. Devs would have to adjust the levels to cover ratio to compensate for the uneven iso progression costs (really cheap early on and then costly over level 270 or 300 or pick a number). Perhaps an update can set all 5* back to 180 (retaining all covers) and players can be compensated for all spent iso and have it returned to them? This may screw players who have invested a ton of iso already in 5* so I would make sure they receive extra iso to get the back to a level close to where their current 5* is. For example lvl 320 5* under new system would have different cost as a 320 level under old system etc. Upvote this if you like the idea.

Comments

• Seems like lots of work on the devs part to keep everyone's ducks in a row and not screw it up but it might be easier than redoing their entire scaling algorithm from scratch. I am an accountant, not a coder. Anyone with coding and design experience have some input?

Definitely like the idea though!