Change to Daily Rewards, now that progressions are faster.

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
In an earlier discussion.. i realized that between days 430 and 638, there is not a single cover i need.. and from talking to others.. i am no-where near alone in this. If all goes well, i could end up getting my last Fury blue beforehand as well.. (nearing my dino covers , need those)..

So that is over 200 days of daily rewards.. with only CP to look forward to .. and what i need after that, the Elektra red, i am only 1 away from now, so may not even need that.

I suggest, replacing the 4* covers, outside of Dino, since he is special, with Legendary Tokens.

Now that transitions have been sped up, there is a goodly chance that many, many players will not need the covers when they get there.. not even sure what to say about the 3* covers...

I know some will need them.. but over-all, now that 4*s are easier to get, should we rethink the daily's?

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    I know some will need them.. but over-all, now that 4*s are easier to get, should we rethink the daily's?
    I never thought it made sense to put specific covers in the daily rewards. Or if they insist, fill them dynamically with newer characters. No one needs or wants an Elektra 700 days in.
  • I am now 230 days in and already finished with 3*s, I think I have another hundred odd days to wait until I get... Invisible Woman covers. I understand whatever change you do may cause resentment to those that have already played 700 odd days, but bringing 4* covers forward a bit would go a long way to making the daily rewards relevant again. The standard token I got today just felt like a time waste.

Of course, it isn't as simple as saying everyone at 230 days only needs 4*s as others wont be as active as me. When you're catering for active players and casual ddq-only players with the same system, it gets more complicated...
  • Agree. Each 4* was added to the daily rewards not long after they were introduced to the game. Not unfairly they were like a loyalty reward for those long term players who had played from the start, "here, you've played 490 days, have one of these still pretty new 4* Thors that few have had the chance to get yet!".
    Now, 2+ years into the game's life players who have just now also played 490 days (a sizable achievement and show of loyalty) get that old 4* Thor that they've probably already got most or all of their covers but probably won't use much since She got nerfed so long ago. Wooo.

I'd be happy to see 4* daily reward covers replaced with legendary tokens. There is still the chance you'd get the same 4* or something equally unwanted. but even though half the time I get nothing good from them I still get excited to open one when I get it. That excitement is good for us and the Devs. If I see a legendary upcoming in the daily drop I would be much more inclined to keep playing every day versus "oh I get a useless Nick Fury in a couple of days, I guess it doesn't matter if I play tomorrow"

Also, let's not forget that they have already went back through the daily rewards and swapped in command points so there is precedent of change.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    I agree to this. I mean, I just got SW purple 715 days in
    What kind of player wouldn't cover max SW in 715 days? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Bright side though, SS is in view!