sending gifts

Unknown
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
hello,

i was just watching a youtube video of this game and suddenly, during the video, a message popped up, saying the player has received 'a gift' from another player. The gift was a standard recruit token. I have never seen this before in game, nor have i ever received a gift myself. What is this feature and how can i send gifts to other players ?

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can send stuff over facebook, I believe, if your account is linked to that.

If you're on Steam, you simply can't.
  • i play on steam icon_e_sad.gif, are there any plans to include us?
    And do you perhaps know which possible rewards you can send, is it only standard recruit tokens? or can you send other things as well ?
  • It's sometimes at the end of a match, you can send copies of your reward to some randomly chosen facebook friends (who also play the game), e.g. a standard token, 1* cover, small amount of iso. You don't get to choose the gift and you don't choose when it happens.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Standard tokens, iso prizes up to 250, 1* covers and, best of all, critical boosts!

(A little voice is suggesting 2* tokens can be gifted on occasion, but I can't recall giving or receiving one.)
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two star tokens and higher amouts of iso possible but rare (500 for sure, 1k not sure). It depends on event.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Other types of boosts can be gifted too.

Seems to be two different "types" of gift though. I'm either prompted to send 1* covers to 10 people, some of whom don't play MPQ, or any other reward to three specific people who do play MPQ.
  • Calabaza wrote:
    It's sometimes at the end of a match, you can send copies of your reward to some randomly chosen facebook friends (who also play the game), e.g. a standard token, 1* cover, small amount of iso. You don't get to choose the gift and you don't choose when it happens.

Does this apply to all match rewards?

Like, would it be technically possible but unlikely to send people Event Tokens (from Enemy of the State), Command Points (Any PVE), Hulk or Sentry covers (Hulk, Prodigial Sun), Hero Points (Prologue, Deadpool vs DDQ) or Legendary Tokens (Crash of the Titans) if somebody was really freakin' lucky enough?

Because that'd be kinda sick and amusing.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    Calabaza wrote:
    It's sometimes at the end of a match, you can send copies of your reward to some randomly chosen facebook friends (who also play the game), e.g. a standard token, 1* cover, small amount of iso. You don't get to choose the gift and you don't choose when it happens.

Does this apply to all match rewards?

Like, would it be technically possible but unlikely to send people Event Tokens (from Enemy of the State), Command Points (Any PVE), Hulk or Sentry covers (Hulk, Prodigial Sun), Hero Points (Prologue, Deadpool vs DDQ) or Legendary Tokens (Crash of the Titans) if somebody was really freakin' lucky enough?

Because that'd be kinda sick and amusing.
    No, just standard tokens.

It was nice during anniversary week though - I received quite a bit of 500 ISO rewards due to the double ISO events.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I'll never forget this happened to me once. Was during an Enemy of The State run in February.

RxJ69N7.jpg
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Pretty sure I have received one health pack as gift from someone who had been in my alliance but had left. Not sure where they got from. Maybe the prologue or something.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frasaria wrote:
    i play on steam icon_e_sad.gif, are there any plans to include us?
    Unfortunately no. I don't recall if they've ever announced why, but I suspect it might be harder or impossible to prevent people from duplicating or otherwise exploiting shared rewards on Windows.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Ludaa wrote:
    I'll never forget this happened to me once. Was during an Enemy of The State run in February.

RxJ69N7.jpg

Pretty sure that was confirmed at the time as a display bug and receipient only received a standard token unfortunately
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    alphabeta wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:

RxJ69N7.jpg

Pretty sure that was confirmed at the time as a display bug and receipient only received a standard token unfortunately
    yeah, it has never worked. At the first run of EotS event I have send two event tokens to my girlfriend, but she never received them. So there was a bug for sure. And since then I have never ever seen it again.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    smoq84 wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:

RxJ69N7.jpg

yeah, it has never worked. At the first run of EotS event I have send two event tokens to my girlfriend, but she never received them. So there was a bug for sure. And since then I have never ever seen it again.
    I got one of these tonight for an event pack, and when the actual "share with what friends?" screen popped up, it was 250 iso at the top as the thing to be shared.