Remember new character covers as season alliance rewards?

Feedthebeast
Feedthebeast Posts: 19
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'd rather have a new character cover than a LT for season alliance rewards. I miss those days... The reason why i'm saying this is because I saved up 10 LT from last season hoping I would get better odds of getting a 5* star or 4* star I needed. Was pretty excited to pull them but that excitement came to a quick end. I ended up with no covers I needed. None of the covers had the highlighted yellow "train" button next to the cover which gave me a chuckle. I would have been happy with 1 cover of 4* jg, cyclops, mr. Fantastic, deadpool, red hulk, or any of the new characters. They were all covers of old characters I had already been fully covered half which I still havent leveled such as IW and Elektra. But hey...sigh...i guess im just bad luck. Wish they had something where you can trade 10 or 20 or even 30 4* cover for 1 cover of your choice. It puts less frustration in useless LT pulls.

Comments

• Good news? Something is coming in January-ish

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35335&start=20#p444205
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new character cover is now the 2k cover in shield sim it looks like, so everyone can get it! Also, it worked fine when 4*s were rare, and being released sparingly while 3*s were coming out every other day, so it was easy when only there was one one new 4* a season.

Now we can have up to 3.. so, who should it be? This is where the token comes in handy.. Hold on to it for a week or so, and all those new 4*s are now able to be pulled from that token.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    The new character cover is now the 2k cover in shield sim it looks like, so everyone can get it! Also, it worked fine when 4*s were rare, and being released sparingly while 3*s were coming out every other day, so it was easy when only there was one one new 4* a season.

Now we can have up to 3.. so, who should it be? This is where the token comes in handy.. Hold on to it for a week or so, and all those new 4*s are now able to be pulled from that token.
    But you're also just as likely to pull your 8th IW green...

Tokens are a poor progression path
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

But you're also just as likely to pull your 8th IW green...

Tokens are a poor progression path

I agree and disagree here.. yah, i've sold 3 JG covers this past week because legendary tokens won't give me the covers i want... but, i am much more inclined to go for 1300 in PVP or the token in PVE knowing it could be something i need..vs seeing the 1300 cover , knowing it isn't something i need.. and now i am doing an event for a chance at absolutely nothing i need at all, but have to do to help my alliance or make my season progression.. which turns it into work... i personally will take a "chance" at something i need with a token, over a static cover i may or may not need.. it keeps me interested.

Heck, in the off season.. with Gauntlet not having anything i needed, and BoP not having anything i needed.. all i did was play ddq and farm some iso and hp.. makes for a boring game.. wish there were more tokens out there to earn...